I've been reading a few reviews and watching videos on Peavey's VIP 3 amp and it seems like a great choice. It's affordable enough and you can use it with an electric guitar, bass guitar or acoustic. What I wanted to ask is would this specific amp be loud enough to jam with a drummer at band practice, and if playing live, could I crank it up and just mic it up to the PA? because I'd like not to haul a half stack around if I can avoid it.

Sorry I am inexperienced in this regard but what do you guys think?
It's plenty.
As a guy who played in a mildly successful local band for a few years I can tell you that nobody "needs" a half stack. It's just too much.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by ryanbwags
It's plenty.
As a guy who played in a mildly successful local band for a few years I can tell you that nobody "needs" a half stack. It's just too much.

Speak for yourself

But seriously the Vyper will be adequate to hang with a drummer, if need be you can always mic it in a live situation.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
Speak for yourself

But seriously the Vyper will be adequate to hang with a drummer, if need be you can always mic it in a live situation.

Needs was in quotes. It has been scientifically proven that 4x12s do melt panties 4x faster than other rigs, though.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Thanks for your replies guys, cheers. I'll have to upload some of my (very average) playing when I get my amp. Can't wait to get back into it.

And nice box by the way, bet it sounds great.