edit: oh fuck i didnt realise you can move around and shit

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at May 6, 2016,
great now i got 8 yank locations and 2 australian ones. fucking bullshit, i cant tell florida and alabama apart, they're both full of pickup trucks and american style front yards.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,

Guessed America for Hawaii and Mexico for Spain which brought it down quite a lot, got 30 points for those two lol

Happy that I got 3/5 countries right though
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

4822. Tracked a gas station down to a town called Tlajomulco de Zuñiga, in Jalisco Mexico, submitted and turns out I was in Brazil shoulda known; the area code for jalisco is 33 not 38
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
11569 points, first try

being able to read cyrillic helps a lot

good game tho

edit: oh fuck i didnt realise you can move around and shit

yeah moving arounds pretty important. My strategy is whenever I see cyrillic, click somewhere near moscow and move on.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.

Tried the Australia edition
It all fucking looks exactly like where I grew up
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Tried a European Stadium one. Was going alright but the last one said FC Basle on the seats lol.

Got like 1500 on the original one though.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by RAB11 at #33958707
Tried a European Stadium one. Was going alright but the last one said FC Basle on the seats lol.

Got like 1500 on the original one though.

Doing that one now

I wonder where this is

lmao this is so easy

Last edited by Trowzaa at May 6, 2016,

I play this a lot. I'm a geography/travel nerd Me and my missus play it (you can challenge mode) sometimes too if we're bored

How are you only finding out about this now though? It's been around years
My best scores were all around 20000. Canada always looks like Scandinavia and vice versa, and occasionally Australia can look like either.
12454 first try.

Got lucky with the first two. Quickly found a sign that said Ohio, and another that said boats, so I guessed near the coast and got within 15 miles. Luckily the googlemap tells you the states because I'd have no idea where ohio is otherwise.

2nd one I saw a water cooler with brasil written on it. It looked dusty so I guessed the yellowy part of brasil on google maps and got quite close.

3rd guess not so lucky. I saw "san miguel" and guessed mexico... turns out it was Brazil, actually really close to the 2nd one.

4th guess had palm trees. Saw some spanish writing so guessed the centre of south America, and luckily it was relatively close by in Brazil.

Final guess, obviously America but looked like some random suburb in central America. BUT THEN I found a sign that said LA, 500 <--. So naturally I guessed somewhere near LA, and it was actually fucking miles away in Louisiana.
This is bloody addictive.

So Trowzaa my stadium round was nowhere near that easy lol
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

I got within 40 miles of one when I just clicked a random southern US state

all my other guesses were fairly bad
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by RAB11 at #33958727
This is bloody addictive.

So Trowzaa my stadium round was nowhere near that easy lol

All of them had signs

St Mary's
Bremem (although I nearly went to Austria cos it said Osterdeich)
Stade de France had massive signs up saying Stadefrance.com
Valencia's I got the most wrong cos they had MARCA signs everywhere and I thought they were a Barca mouthpiece so I thought it might be Espanyol
And Barca was easy cos of that shit motto

Easy again

Spurs
Cardiff
Club Brugge
Shaktar Donetsk
Hardest one was last cos I couldn't tell if it was Feyenoord or PSV

Last edited by Trowzaa at May 6, 2016,
see retail estate sign
search number
guess within 1000km

I spent time travelling the roads like a stop motion road racer

then I saw a sign and realised I was in rural Romania

good game-thing
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I got 12725
Quote by sam b at #33958716

I play this a lot. I'm a geography/travel nerd Me and my missus play it (you can challenge mode) sometimes too if we're bored

How are you only finding out about this now though? It's been around years

how is that even possible? My closest was about fifteen miles and I only got like 4000ish

How could you guess all five of them that closely lmao
Last edited by whywefight at May 6, 2016,
http://img.prntscr.com/img?url=http://i.imgur.com/pB8tywQ.png
much better this time, also is it just me, or is it always biased towards Brazil and Russia. Seems like 9/10 times it's in one of these two places
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Got 11509 first try.

The problem is that Russia, Brazil and Australia are giant sinkholes for this game, as you cant ever guess where in russia it is, Brazil could easily be Portugal and Australia looks a bunch like South Africa.

Remember playing this in 2012 during boring college days, fun times.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american

All of them were really close except the last one, which was waaaaaaaaaaay off. Apparently Chile looks like California
Check out my band Disturbed
I keep guessing Australia and they're like nope South America

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
lyle, protip

always check which side of the road cars are on if you think you're in the UK / Australia

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
lyle, protip

always check which side of the road cars are on if you think you're in the UK / Australia

that's what i always do

but sometimes there's no cars

or no roads

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
ha

another tip, if you see cyrillic you can sort often pinpoint the country according to the characters that they use

the ya (Я sound is only in east-slavic countries
the nj (Њ sound is only in serbian
if the I is normal instead of И it's ukrainian
if it's weird af it's probably macedonian

not sure about belarussian tho

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
I just usually click somewhere in the Eastern Europe region and get lucky

If its more foresty I guess Russia

If it's more warzony I pick Ukraine

I'm getting nothing but middle of nowhere places with absolutely no signs or anything to give me a clue. Half of them look like they could be anywhere in the tri state area and they end up being the UK.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug

why you gotta be like this russia?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
wow im terrible at this, i got 1437
i thought half of them were in the middle of the U.S but they were small little towns in France and Russia lol
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad at #33958791
wow im terrible at this, i got 1437
i thought half of them were in the middle of the U.S but they were small little towns in France and Russia lol

Look around and find signs

I got plonked in front of a sign that said

Kurow 11
Warszawa 42

soooo close

Quote by whywefight
how is that even possible? My closest was about fifteen miles and I only got like 4000ish

How could you guess all five of them that closely lmao

Dunno Just did it again and got

Played it for years like I said. Know what to look for (for clues)?
You can do a timed one too can't you? That makes it more of a "gut reaction where the hell am I" kinda thing, instead of giving you infinite time to look for signs.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5 at #33958846
You can do a timed one too can't you? That makes it more of a "gut reaction where the hell am I" kinda thing, instead of giving you infinite time to look for signs.

Yeah, on the main Geoguessr page, if you scroll down to all the different game types there's a little cog sign under all of them, where you can set the time limit.
Page 1 of 2