Page 1 of 2
What was your first pedal?

I had a Zoom 505-II, in fact I still have it. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world, playing it through a crappy 15w Squier practice amp. It was a good introduction to FX and how you can change them....then I started buying from ebay and thrift stores.
|
'....even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked...."

Do me a favour, pop into Songwriting & Lyrics and add a comment to one thread, any thread, but contribute.

----

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo
My first pedal was a Danelectro FAB distortion I'm pretty sure.

Considering the build quality, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by timbit2006
I think it was on my bike.

My first pedal for guitar was a Line 6 ToneCore Space Chorus.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Good ole Boss DS-1. I remember thinking that that pedal was glorious.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
ISP Decimator
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
i am pretty sure my first pedal was a GCB-95 crybaby wah. it could have been my old DOD distortion pedal though

Quote by TheQuailman
Tubescreamer clone assembled from a musikding-kit. Still have it. Actually I want more kits, thanks for reminding me.

the first pedal i made was a tubscreamer... but it didn't work. first working pedal i made was a LPB-1.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
First pedal I acquired was a mate's Metal Zone, through a 20W solid state Kustom that I got really cheap with my first guitar...

Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Arion Tubulator

All plastic and worth about £20 but not a bad sounding TS-alike by any means.
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at May 6, 2016,
I THINK that I had a Digitech Grunge for my first, though I COULD have had my FAB Distortion before that. I got a DS-1 after the Grunge, because BOSS pedals are supposed to be the best right?
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Ibanez soundtank version of the Tubescreamer. It was the cheapest distortion pedal the store had. Sounded so good on my Squier 15 amp (not). Did the job though, 20 years later and I still play.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
God, I had an Arion tuner at one point - it did the job.

The DS-1 is solid, it does exactly what you expect it to.

I liked playing with the Zoom to try and match tones, which I wasn't great at, and then getting lost in the end of the libraries with the weird noises.
|
'....even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked...."

Do me a favour, pop into Songwriting & Lyrics and add a comment to one thread, any thread, but contribute.

----

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo
Coloursound fuzz-wah back in 78. Paid a guy at school about 5 quid for it...it was rubbish and I threw it.....they are like £400 now. lol
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
My first pedal was a home built clone off of Boss SD-1, it turned out much better than the original. My dad had an el. engineering background so we built it together by reverse engineering the 80s Boss pedal. Then I did a stupid thing and gifted it to a friend 5 years later, and he broke it.

My first purchased pedal was a DOD Thrash Master...what a waste of money.

My first good pedal purchase was a Sansamp TRI-OD that I use to this day.

BTW - I also got the Zoom 505 pedal, again what a waste of money! It has a few sound destroying settings like the digital gonkulator or whatever it is that I still use occasionally.
Last edited by diabolical at May 6, 2016,
Quote by Herr Rararr
God, I had an Arion tuner at one point - it did the job.

The thing I cannot help but love about them is that all their pedals look like cheap VCR remotes from the early 90s.
DOD Thrash Master through a Crate GX-15. I needed a way to switch between clean and distortion so I could play songs like "One" and "Fade to Black"
Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
DOD Supra Distortion. I shouldn't have pitched it. It's going for $5 more than I paid for it on eBay.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
Quote by Nolasludge
DOD Thrash Master through a Crate GX-15. I needed a way to switch between clean and distortion so I could play songs like "One" and "Fade to Black"

I got one over you man
I got chiseled into buying a Marshall VS10 for $80 over the list price. Nice job, Evans Music City! Never bought an amp from them again.
Behringer X V-amp. It was absolutely garbage and I had no clue what to do with it. The adapter went out and I tried another one, not knowing anything about power specs. It fried the unit, which was probably a good thing. I upgraded to an RP155 a few years later and that was much better.

But my first pedal-pedal? A Proco RAT that I think was broken.

My first pedal-pedal that worked and was not a multi-effects? Micro POG that I scored for $20 used.
A plastic Ibanez Flanger and a Boss SD1 (that I still have). I got the flanger cause I mistook it for the effect used in Come As You Are (hell, the whole nevermind album). I was extremely disappointed and have disliked flangers ever since.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Pro-Co Rat 2. Matched up with my very first guitar... a shiny red 1996 50th Anniversary Squier Stratocaster (which I still have and occasionally strum) into a Peavey Rage 158. That pedal stuck around until the first tube amp arrived. I've since bought and sold another Pro Co Rat 2. I like them, but not more than the tones I can get from my amplifiers.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
MXR Distrortion+ brand new. since I lived in Rochester NY in the 70s where MXR was located there was no other choice . gave it to my brother years later, he still has it.
DigiTech Screamin' Blues. Hell of a hybrid overdrive/distortion. Only pedal I've bought three times. Buy 'em, get tired of them, sell them, then I want it back. Third time around I learnt my lesson, so now I've got one just sat in its box. I never use it, but it's there for when I inevitably do.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
First pedal = DOD Death Metal. Bought from a friend and used in front of a Peavey Audition 110. I still have both the pedal and the amp.
A Danelectro DanEcho delay with half of the paintwork chipped off somehow. Not even sure if it's ever worked quite right, the delays are kinda distorted but I've always kinda liked that.

Cost me £2
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Crybaby from hell. Still the first in my chain.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
my good ole' korg toneworks ax1g through my gorilla amp....ahhhh the memories.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Mine was a first issue TS808 I bought in 1981. It was stolen from a gig.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
To be honest, I can't remember which of the two I had first, but it was either a Dunlop original Crybaby, or an MXR Zakk Wylde OD. I no longer own either of those, but do have relatives of those pedals (A Dunlop Crybaby from Hell, and a MXR GT-OD).
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
A DOD Envelope GFX 25 I bought from my guitar teacher. Don't know why I even bought it, I don't even like envelope filters that much. I still own it and currently have it circuit bent.
Arion Octave. for some reason i thought it would eliminate the need for a bass. oh yeah, and into my frontman 15.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by slapsymcdougal

what movie was that from? i vaguely remember seeing that somewhere a few years ago.

however vaguely.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
what movie was that from? i vaguely remember seeing that somewhere a few years ago.

however vaguely.

the wicker man
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
the wicker man

thanks, i remember that movie now. quite the odd movie. lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
digitech grunge
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by trashedlostfdup
thanks, i remember that movie now. quite the odd movie. lol.

The original was better.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Page 1 of 2