Anyone else work away from their family or hometown? I work about 3000 miles away from my wife and kid. Seven weeks on, home for a week. Anyone else do this?
The farthest i've worked from home is downtown, so like 45 min drive mon-thurs

i haven't worked 15 min drive more from my house in the last 2 years
i'd rather get payed a little less and take a job close to home
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I live and work in a town about 600km from my hometown, but that's by choice because jy hometown sux
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
I live and work in a town about 600km from my hometown, but that's by choice because jy hometown sux

This, and this guy can literally vouch that the area I'm from sucks
In the town I live in now,I'm less than 1km from work, so I walk a lot
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I live 1700 miles away from my work, but then I do freelance internet/content work... so I spend a lot of time at home in my 'office'
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by i_lovemetallica
In the town I live in now,I'm less than 1km from work, so I walk a lot

I'm 2 km of walking with a train nestled in after about 1.7 km on the way into class
Quote by FunkyPunk666
Why would you work that far from your wife? Arent you worried that shes cheating on you?

Lol. I think that trust generally works differently from that.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Anthony1991
Lol. I think that trust generally works differently from that.

Laugh it up but OP is gonna come home from work early one day to see his wife bouncing on some dudes dick. It's just what women do when you leave them alone, I should know because it happened to me before. That why you can't trust them. Then when he wants a divorce she'll lawyer up and get the house and everything he owns.
Quote by FunkyPunk666
Laugh it up but OP is gonna come home from work early one day to see his wife bouncing on some dudes dick. It's just what women do when you leave them alone, I should know because it happened to me before. That why you can't trust them. Then when he wants a divorce she'll lawyer up and get the house and everything he owns.

You need a therapist.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by FunkyPunk666

And what sitcom are you from again? Women are more than just objects man, they're like you know, actual people? You can't blanket term an entire gender because of one person's actions. People are just people; race, gender, whatever, isn't part of the equation when a person does something.

If this happened to you then I'm sorry, but if it's warped your thinking to be like this then you really should talk to someone who can help because you won't be able to live a happy and fulfilling life carrying this feeling and mentality.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Anthony1991
And what sitcom are you from again? Women are more than just objects man, they're like you know, actual people?

Good crack m8
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
I'm from Scotland but live and work in Spain, so that's fairly far. don't think it's 3000 miles though! My girlfriend is currently in China - so that's definitely far!

EDIT: 1500 miles apparently.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by meh!
I'm from Scotland but live and work in Spain, so that's fairly far. don't think it's 3000 miles though! My girlfriend is currently in China - so that's definitely far!

EDIT: 1500 miles apparently.

Are you that guy that had an office job in London but commuted from Spain because it was cheaper to live and travel from there?
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Anthony1991
Are you that guy that had an office job in London but commuted from Spain because it was cheaper to live and travel from there?

Yes.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by FunkyPunk666
Why would you work that far from your wife? Arent you worried that shes cheating on you?

I work on an offshore rig, It's about 3000 miles from where we live, that's why. And no I'm not.
Quote by Mad Sweeney
I work on an offshore rig, It's about 3000 miles from where we live, that's why. And no I'm not.

Why aren't you worried about it? That's all I'd be able to think about and it would drive me crazy.
Quote by FunkyPunk666
Why aren't you worried about it? That's all I'd be able to think about and it would drive me crazy.

It's called not having trust issues, or the idea of 'ownership'
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by FunkyPunk666

Cause I trust her. She's taking care of our home and our son, im working to try and take care of them. We do it together man cause we trust each other.

Same thing as when I was in Iraq, I knew she was gonna be there when i got home, she knew I was gonna do my best to get home safe.

I trust her as much and more than the guys I went to Iraq with and the guys in my crew I work with now.