I recently started recording cover for youtube, I've only put one up so far, but I plan to do more in the near future. On the one I did I just recorded my guitar tracks and had the song playing in the background. My question is, do you cut the guitars out of the original song or just leave the whole song playing in the background? Thanks!
I am a little confused by the question. Is this a cover where you play it all yourself or a cover using the original artists recording?
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at May 8, 2016,
You cant cut out guitars from original recording. At least not in a way that wont totally fuck up the rest of the recording.
As said above, it isn't possible to cut guitars out of a track. You can, however, sometimes find a guitarless track for certain songs, especially the more popular ones. This website has many: http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/
You can also search youtube for these backing tracks.
Quote by Rickholly74
I am a little confused by the question. Is this a cover where you play it all yourself or a cover using the original artists recording?

I'm playing a cover of the song, I just record it over the original song.
In that case you can't remove anything from the original recording. Like BK Slash said, you can find quite a selection of backing tracks on YouTube and other places that on't have guitar parts but if it's an obscure song or odd album track you probably won't find a backing track for the song.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
as stated above you can not remove the guitars from the recordings, you can always arrange the backing track in case you don't find one.
I haven't ever uploaded a cover to youtube, but usually, I just have the original track playing quietly in the background (so that I can hear and follow along, without it drowning out my guitar).
But some covers I've seen, they seem to use a backing track (like BKSlash mentioned), then add in their guitars/bass tracks. Others just play the music quietly and increase the volume on their instrument tracks
Quote by Parac
I haven't ever uploaded a cover to youtube, but usually, I just have the original track playing quietly in the background (so that I can hear and follow along, without it drowning out my guitar).

That's what I plan on doing ( I did that for my last cover), I just wanted to check on here and see if anybody ever cut the original guitars out.
I usually make a MIDI backing track from a guitar pro tab. Stops the automated system from immediately screwing me too.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!