Theres a fret on my RR3 that is noticeably higher than the others, but there is no gap from the fretboard to the fret, is this a seating problem or do I need to polish/ file? Thanks?
where is the fret located? I can't imagine it being something that was intended, either something is stuck beneath the fret or the fret is really just that big. The easy option is probably to file away, but i have no experience in that whatsoever o.o

I'd wait for more responses before pulling a file out and doing unnecessary damage
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by Anthony1991
where is the fret located? I can't imagine it being something that was intended, either something is stuck beneath the fret or the fret is really just that big. The easy option is probably to file away, but i have no experience in that whatsoever o.o

I'd wait for more responses before pulling a file out and doing unnecessary damage

Its near the 18th fret or so
Hmmm, if no one else responds I'd take it to a guitar shop and see what they say, it could just be a quick and easy file and problem solved.

I feel that if you bought a guitar from whatever company prior to 2010 they used to have a lot more mistakes like this, these days I think it's a lot, lot more rarer. Like one of my guitars (+$800) came with two black paint marks just slightly above the bridge - the guitar body is white.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
It could've been caused by what is more often called the Gibson 'hump', where the wood tends to expand and contract the most at the neck joint, which causes the fretboard to belly up slightly.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
No surprise it's named after Gibson ^^
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It could've been caused by what is more often called the Gibson 'hump', where the wood tends to expand and contract the most at the neck joint, which causes the fretboard to belly up slightly.

This is what I was thinking when he said 18th fret.

You can do it yourself with fret rockers, file and crowning file, just go easy and take it slowly, remember, you can always take away more material from the fret but can't put it back on if you file too much away.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Quote by Anthony1991
No surprise it's named after Gibson ^^

It happens on many brands of guitars, its just that Gibson Les Pauls are such popular instruments that it gets named after them. Nearly every acoustic guitar that's ever been built after 20 years or so does it too and for the same reason.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 8, 2016,