https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YGiv6FH3yU

At around 3:32 to 3:38 Joe is supposedly doing a descending legato lick that somehow has a cool "kill switch"-like effect to it . In the live video his hands don't seem to be doing anything other his usual "fluttering" routine. Did he get the "killswitch" effect from a pedal/secret button or is it a variation of his legato technique?

Any help is appreciated thanks.
Last edited by $chneider at May 8, 2016,
Haha I have this dvd. I can tell you that in the backstage interview Joe talks about this. His guitar tech Mike Manning couldn't figure it out either.

It was a technical glitch that never happened again. They never figured out what it was...
Lol so basically I've wasted 2 hours of my life trying to figure out a glitch. I was at my wits end watching and listening to slow-mos trying to recreate the lick to no avail. Though on the flipside the task turned out to be way simpler than it should.
I mean you could add in a staccato pedal, so long as it had kind of an uneven staccato because that thing wasn't at set intervals. Interesting, but definitely not a focused thing That said, you could do it if you have a pickup selector that is controlled via footswitch and have one of the pickups volume completely off, that way you can tap the pedal to flip between the pickups creating a unique staccato.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.