A few friends and I recently decided we want to make a somewhat sort of pop punk band. I've been having a hard time finding a good tone. I've looked up a few pop punk settings for my amp but none of them really feel right to me. Anyone have any ideas?

Gear:
IBanez RG450
Peavey 6505+
What kind of pop-punk tone are we talking about? There is a lot of variation in the genre of pop-punk. Pop punk bands use everything from Mesa Rectifier amps to Vox AC30 amps - high gain to relatively low gain. Heck, Tom Delonge prior to his departure from Blink 182 was using Vox AC30 amps and Fender Twins for his live rig.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
A tone that I really liked was how Neck Deep sounds. So probably something similar to that
The 6505+ is mainly a metal amp. I'd get a Marshall for pop/punk stuff.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Just from a quick glance at one video... neck deep used at least for a time - a Marshall amp and a Peavey 6505. Looks like the mostly use Orange gear these days. Just run your 6505+ on the green/crunch channel. Should be able to get something along those lines.

Start with the standard 666 eq settings and gradually adjust from there. And, remember - that tone you hear from them - there is also a bass guitar in that mix. You aren't going to nail the tone exactly because you aren't playing a bass at the same time as your guitar.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by ThunderPunk
Just from a quick glance at one video... neck deep used at least for a time - a Marshall amp and a Peavey 6505. Looks like the mostly use Orange gear these days. Just run your 6505+ on the green/crunch channel. Should be able to get something along those lines.

Start with the standard 666 eq settings and gradually adjust from there. And, remember - that tone you hear from them - there is also a bass guitar in that mix. You aren't going to nail the tone exactly because you aren't playing a bass at the same time as your guitar.

well actually 555 or 1/2 on all only because most amps are labeled 1-10

and keep the gain low on the 6505 amps, even for metal 1/2 gain is enough for most people.

I know several guys who use or have used 5150/6505 amps for pop punk just fine
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

and keep the gain low on the 6505 amps, even for metal 1/2 gain is enough for most people.

666 is a pretty common EQ setting for the 5150/6505. That's why I recommended it.
Quote by Robbgnarly

Yeah 666 is the standard on the 6505, a lot of metal guys use those settings just because they happen to work really well (and it is the ultimate gimmick )

But yeah, 6505s will work fine for heavier pop/punk
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.