Page 1 of 2
I've found that in my old age (25), I seem to be enjoying alcohol slightly less.

It's hard to describe, but the 'buzz' isn't as pleasant now, I just tend to feel a bit 'bleh' instead. I eat incredibly healthily now and I exercise 5 times a week, so I wonder if my tolerance has just been massively lowered as a result - whereas 1 beer now seems to hit me as much as 3 or 4 would in the past.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to commit to giving it up entirely, but I have considered drastically cutting down and only saving it for 'special occasions'.

But then I wonder if that's just me caving to peer pressure. As you'd expect, any such suggestion of me cutting down/giving up have been met with the usual 'omg that's so boring lol'.

Just curious as to whether there were many/any tee-totallers here in The Pit? Be it for personal choice or through necessity.
I rarely drink alcohol. Only have been drunk once which was the direct consequence of a girl practucally force feeding me shots.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I've given it up unless there's a special occasion or I feel depressed. Not completely free of alcohol but I understand wanting to be. A lot of the time it just isn't appealing.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
No point putting a label on it but I rarely drink.

A couple down the pub, sometimes one on a Friday evening after work, I don't have a large alcohol consumption.

Being drunk isn't fun though unless I get on a very specific level of drunk. Too much and it ruins the night.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Havent drank alcohol since I was like 19. Boring my arse You're boring if you need a drink to enjoy yourself when out

EDIT: Actually that's a lie, I have a few times but not to the point of getting drunk (more like 1-2 pints per time ) and it's probably only about 5 times in that time
Last edited by sam b at May 9, 2016,
Who cares what other people think? Cut down or stop if you don't like it anymore. Why bother doing something you don't enjoy?

I enjoy drinking so I drink. If I didnt enjoy it I would stop like I did with smoking cigarettes and most of the recreational drugs I used to do in my teens.

Youll feel grouchy for a few days maybe but if you really want to stop then youll keep going with it and stop
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
It's been over a month since I've had a drink. I'm a recovering poly substance abuser, have tried to quit all the drugs before but never drink as well. It's a bit weird but haven't had any proper cravings yet. As soon as I have a drink though that will change. So gotta keep on the straight and narrow. Just decaf coffee and a bit of chamomile for me now
Quote by matt bickerton
I've found that in my old age (25).

lol

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Opposite end of the spectrum - It's a cultural and social thing for my family, so I tend to keep the brain wet with some degree of frequency.

I'll admit - 21 and 22 were far more fun years (to the point that memories are blurry from that period) when it comes to associating fun and happiness with imbibing. I think a lot of that comes from the social/outside influences and the perception.

It was easy to get something you couldn't purchase prior, it's an excuse that removes inhibitions and personal cautions, and it was something you can do with friends! How cool is that??!?

Around 24/25/26 you've been able to purchase it for 3 years now, you realize there are real ramifications for waking up with a hangover or binge drinking, and life more/less has changed its path. You spend less time with friends, and more time pushing your life in a direction you want it to be - which is often inhibited by being intoxicated.

Welcome to being a grown-up.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
Quote by dPrimmy
Opposite end of the spectrum - It's a cultural and social thing for my family, so I tend to keep the brain wet with some degree of frequency.

I'll admit - 21 and 22 were far more fun years (to the point that memories are blurry from that period) when it comes to associating fun and happiness with imbibing. I think a lot of that comes from the social/outside influences and the perception.

It was easy to get something you couldn't purchase prior, it's an excuse that removes inhibitions and personal cautions, and it was something you can do with friends! How cool is that??!?

Around 24/25/26 you've been able to purchase it for 3 years now, you realize there are real ramifications for waking up with a hangover or binge drinking, and life more/less has changed its path. You spend less time with friends, and more time pushing your life in a direction you want it to be - which is often inhibited by being intoxicated.

Welcome to being a grown-up.

6-8 in civilised nations.
I think that if you're going to quit drinking, you shouldn't tell people that. Peer pressure is ridiculous and stupid but it's still very present, even among adults

I don't drink at all = omg what a loser, come have shots with me right now
I'm not a huge drinker but yeah sure I'll have a beer = right on!

Also "extreme" points of view are dangerous because if you have to fight against your impulses for a while, your relapse might be a lot more dramatic. Since you don't have an addiction problem with booze, I'd say just cut way down but when you feel like having one... just go ahead and have one.

When I was younger I wanted to cut down on my drinkign but the peer pressure was ridiculous so I'd have one beer at the start of the evening and then when I was in the john, I'd refill my brown bottle with water and pretend it's beer, haha.
Quote by slapsymcdougal

While I do think we'd have far far fewer spring break and Mardi Grais drunken stupor issues if we introduced it into states culture sooner(familiarity), the availability of the controlled-ish substance prevents 16-20 year old individuals from the benefits of having all your inhibitions limited.

During that age bracket, I did tons of stupid shit. I can only imagine how much more dumb shit I'd have undertaken without inhibitions.
Alcohol's a very strange social contract isn't it?

I'd definitely say don't announce yourself as a teetotaler, just politely decline or quietly order non-alcoholic drinks and you won't get any stick

Or do my suggestion from a while back, become your group's designated driver. Not only will you not get stick, but if you have good friends your drinks will be free all night.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

i don't drink much at all, but i'm not ant-anything either
if offerend one or 2 i'll enjoy it, but it's not my way of getting buzzed.
i prefer smoking bud as a social lubricant

if i really wanna get fucked up i'll take some psychedelics, but i'm not gonna drink myself into a coma like some college kids do...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at May 9, 2016,
Quote by slapsymcdougal

8-10 for me

Tho tbf we've since joined the "normal" civilised nations.
Haven't had a beer since I was 20...no big deal and no reason to make a formal announcement! Just do what you're comfortable doing and fuck it if anyone else doesn't like it. You may find that not drinking makes it significantly less fun to hang with your friends that do drink...in that case you may have to find some new friends...or better yet, swap out the time you used to spend hanging with those friends with practicing guitar :-)
"Music is the only religion that delivers the goods" - Frank Zappa
I'm not teetotal. I drink little. If it doesn't taste nice, I won't drink it

I've had problems with alcohol that have stopped short of becoming Problems. So now I stay away from it unless in special circumstances.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
*raises hand*

I never wanted to see what it tasted like or anything even. I've never had coffee or tea either tho :| Although at gunpoint, I'd take drinking over smoking.

Soda and juice fer me pls. <3
yeah i rarely drink, used to have a few beers or glasses of wine to unwind now and then but i haven't done that in a while
I feel like this as well. From like 19-24 I was boozing it all the time. Once I hit 25 and 26 I've really slowed down and I just get tired and full. There are some days that I can still slam down like 10 beers in a night, but most of the time, if I drink at all, I'll have maybe 2.

I still brew my own beer, though, which is nuts because I end up wasting a ton of it.
Check out my band Disturbed
ITT: Straight-edge losers who brag about their life choices SHUT UP ALREADY god damn we get it fuckin nerds smh
Free Ali
honestly we're just responding to the post, chris
and i think it's cool that not so many of us drink our asses off at parties and at bars
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

Quote by k.lainad at #33962980
honestly we're just responding to the post, chris
and i think it's cool that not so many of us drink our asses off at parties and at bars

Honestly, it was a joke. See: my earlier post in the thread.
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
Honestly, it was a joke. See: my earlier post in the thread.

#teetotle
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

i rarely drink and even when I do it's only a beer or two at most. no shame in not drinking it's a choice. granted I did a huge amount of partying in my youth but now I really don't have the urge (doesn't hurt that my job really doesn't allow me to party)
I'd never go teetotal because I like booze too much
But in the last year or so I've wised up a bit and don't go overboard anymore

I figure if people don't want to drink that's their problem, but I'm yet to find a soft drink that can in any way compare to the flavours of my favourite alcoholic beverages
I have nothing important to say
I stopped drinking when I turned 25, I got a 1 year chip last week.

I was told I'd have died in my early 30s by more than one doctor if I didn't stop or slow down.

I find all tea disgusting. I'd rather a non alcoholic beer with pizza than drink that mud water.
Last edited by stratkat at May 9, 2016,
Quote by JackSaints

I figure if people don't want to drink that's their problem, but I'm yet to find a soft drink that can in any way compare to the flavours of my favourite alcoholic beverages

have u tried irn bru

seriously nothing better than some nice cold ciders on a summers eve

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
have u tried irn bru

seriously nothing better than some nice cold ciders on a summers eve

Nothing better than enjoying nice cold adult beverages while using feminine hygiene products as a coaster?
I haven't had any alcohol for over 4 years. Just wasn't as much fun and needed to lose a bit of weight. Plus as you get older it can take days to get over a session.
I've never had alcohol in my life, and I never will.

Same goes for drugs. Never had any kind of drug.

Personally, the very idea of getting "drunk", or "buzzed", or "high" just sounds so unpleasant that I've decided against ever attempting any of these things.
If there is a God, it's me.
I'm trying to stop drinking all together. I like the taste of beer and whiskey but as soon as I have one drink, all I can think about is having another, then another. Then I end up not getting anything done for the rest of the day and feeling pretty bad the next morning.

I have no self control when it comes to drugs and right now I'm trying to break several addictions. I've been in a pretty vicious cycle, alternating between three drugs, starting up a new one after I run out of the first, then moving onto the third one, then starting over again. Alcohol is the hardest to stop because I can just walk to the store and buy it whenever I want.
I stopped drinking when I was 19 (a few months ago) because my best friend got out of rehab, and another friend quit drinking, so I joined the 'fun'

I still don't drink unless someone's buying though because I'm poor as shit
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
I'm trying to stop drinking all together. I like the taste of beer and whiskey but as soon as I have one drink, all I can think about is having another, then another. Then I end up not getting anything done for the rest of the day and feeling pretty bad the next morning.

I have no self control when it comes to drugs and right now I'm trying to break several addictions. I've been in a pretty vicious cycle, alternating between three drugs, starting up a new one after I run out of the first, then moving onto the third one, then starting over again. Alcohol is the hardest to stop because I can just walk to the store and buy it whenever I want.

Jesus man, didn't realise you were that bad
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Page 1 of 2