Can anyone suggest a few good sloooooow heavy sludge or doom metal bands? I'm looking for some inspiration for a sludge/grind/doom project i want to start but don't have much of a background in sludge metal. Preferably no clean vocals.
well i don't really know anything about sludge but I like Corrupted, my favourite song is their one from the split with Cripple Bastards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOmV4eNYWfs

also this album is classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AIfCo_elGk
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Crowbar ( one of the best), The Melvins ( lots of albums, only the earlier stuff is doom or sludge such as- Bullhead, Lysol, gluey porch treatments,ozma) Saint Vitus, lycus, eyehategod, electric wizard, Slabdragger, Yob, Sleep, Sarvas, pilgrim, pallbearer, Lord dying, Lesbian, Kingdom of Sorrow, goat bong, bongzilla, bongripper, black tongue

...... to give you a start........

Not all have same style or singing but all relate to your topic more or less.....enjoy!
I've heard.of eyehategod but never listened to them. If i.remember correctly kingdom of sorrow isn't sludge or doom not to.mention i HATE Jamey Jasta's vocals.
Quote by jaredpf
Crowbar ( one of the best), The Melvins ( lots of albums, only the earlier stuff is doom or sludge such as- Bullhead, Lysol, gluey porch treatments,ozma) Saint Vitus, lycus, eyehategod, electric wizard, Slabdragger, Yob, Sleep, Sarvas, pilgrim, pallbearer, Lord dying, Lesbian, Kingdom of Sorrow, goat bong, bongzilla, bongripper, black tongue

...... to give you a start........

Not all have same style or singing but all relate to your topic more or less.....enjoy!
fair enough, your right, kingdom of sorrow should not have been included, but the rest are great examples of the genre, among many more

These guys are from Italy completely DIY, Their first album is great.
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
You should join the Doom, Stoner, Southern, Sludge Metal group on facebook. Lots of activity and music/discussion to check out.

You should check out Acid Bath, Buzzoven, Cavity, Noothgrush, Grief, Eyehategod, Dopethrone, Meth Drinker, Cough.... shit there's just too many great bands to list them all. This is a fucking killer genre, I've been obsessed for years now.
Last edited by guitarhero_764 at Aug 13, 2016,