Hi guys
I'm just about to start my new guitar project, hopefully everything will go to plan however the one thing I'm having trouble deciding on is what colour(s) should the final product be? I've had various thoughts over the past few weeks and changed my mind just as many times!
So I thought I'd ask you guys for any ideas or inspiration! If youve got a photo or a link to the coolest looking paint job then please share it?
For the record I'm an out and out metalhead but it's time for a change from all black (some is obviously fine just not all).
If it helps with your colour schemes new guitar will a modded ibanez RGR with a maple fingerboard and black hardware.
Thanks for any help!
If you want to get rid of some black, why not strip the paint in the centre, and blend the colours before you put a new clear coat on it for a black-natural burst then? This would work with the maple fretboard too if the body isn't some weird coloured wood.

Here's something similar though not an ibanez: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/04/fd/2c/04fd2c76d4e9c372c29756d6a28b8326.jpg
Personally I've never been a fan of sunbursts
As for a natural body I did consider it but decided I wanted a colour (even if I now can't decide which colour) I've heard nightmares of people stripping off old laquer and paint simply because it takes so long without power tools etc, I simply haven't got the time or energy to do it
Just a extra coat of primer and then colour(s) on top I think...
But vinyl stickers isn't to be ruled out?
Quote by chrislanie
I've heard nightmares of people stripping off old laquer and paint simply because it takes so long without power tools etc, I simply haven't got the time or energy to do it

In reading through the post, I found myself coming back to this a few times.

There is no shortcutting the time-consuming process of refinishing wood. I bought a body blank in March, opted to dye and French polish it, and I'm STILL working it. I hit a few hiccups along the way, learned a lot, and haven't used powered anything.

Quality finishes are time intensive - or they look like crap. If you're going to invest the money into doing it, you're going to need to invest the time into making sure its done right.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius