So I work in a call centre. Tough job to sustain most people can't hack it for more than 6 months, but I've been there 2 yrs. Anyway I struggled to continue found it very stressful and found ways to make the days less relentless involving skiving off. Done it for a year, on average 1 hr a day not working. Management found out today they are investigating now.

So should I deny everything, or should I admit the job was causing me stress. They are likely to find out some things eg phoning my own mobile phone for 30mns per day instead of taking calls.
Last edited by AndersM1 at May 10, 2016,
Depends on how badly you need the job. But whatever you do, don't admit to goofing off on the job. Make them prove everything and if they do, and fire you, big deal...you hated the job anyway.

Shitty lowpaying jobs are a dime a dozen, no reason to hang around a place you hate. Sometimes a bird in the hand isn't as good as two in the bush, if you get my drift.
Quote by TobusRex
Depends on how badly you need the job. But whatever you do, don't admit to goofing off on the job. Make them prove everything and if they do, and fire you, big deal...you hated the job anyway.

Shitty lowpaying jobs are a dime a dozen, no reason to hang around a place you hate. Sometimes a bird in the hand isn't as good as two in the bush, if you get my drift.

you mean bird in hand better than a worse job? there's not a lot of options where I am at all but im going back to college in October in the meantime I can rent a bedroom to survive. my options are limited as my credit isn't great many jobs require decent credit where I live.
Quote by AndersM1
you mean bird in hand better than a worse job? there's not a lot of options where I am at all but im going back to college in October in the meantime I can rent a bedroom to survive. my options are limited as my credit isn't great many jobs require decent credit where I live.

What I meant is that a shitty job that you are doing is probably inferior to nearly any other job

I'd recommend not to make their "job" easier and not admitting you were goofing off. Make them prove it, then go find a better job if you get fired.

When I got out of the US Army I did a series of low paying jobs until I landed something in my field. At one of them a coworker pissed me off. He was wrong about something, and pissed me off with his stupid observation. I called him an "idiot" and told him not to speak to me EVER AGAIN unless it was work related, with the proviso that the work related thing had better not be stupid unless he wanted a punch in the mouth. At the end of the day I was called into the manager's office. He was an old guy, a nice guy, and he said "Curtis claimed you threatened him today". I replied "Curtis is a moron. You know he's a moron. I know he's a moron. I threatened to punch him in the mouth if he bothered me about stupid stuff again". Then the manager said "well...you know what's coming don't you?". I replied "Yup....I'm QUITTING and you will continue with a moron running the show in the warehouse". Anyway...the next day I had another minimum wage job that probably didn't suck any worse.
Last edited by TobusRex at May 10, 2016,
You only skive for an hour a day?

I'd call that an engaged and conscientious employee.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by RAB11

lol
Blode is that you

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by TobusRex

+1

make your employer do the legwork.
There are other jobs out there, so they say.

As someone who just put their two weeks in I certainly advocate continuing to skive if you can afford it. Fuck em
English term for putting little to no effort into you school/work, or even not going altogether.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by RAB11
English term for putting little to no effort into you school/work, or even not going altogether.
Ah, thanks!
Anders?

Works in call center?

Is this a joke post?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by FunkyPunk666
Quit your job and pursue a life as a rockstar.

the reason I am in a dead end job is I tried to be a rockstar
Quote by AndersM1
the reason I am in a dead end job is I tried to be a rockstar

Did you skive from that job too?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Did you skive from that job too?

I was the drummer so your question Is null and void. Drummers raison dtre is to just be.
Quote by RAB11

This
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)