Hello
I posses Roland cube 20 gx. Can it be connected to the computer by two side jack cable so it will work like a speaker? (Super speaker!)
Thanks
Yes
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Works great with an Amp that has FRFR speakers and an AuxIn jack designed for MP3 playback like a Yamaha THR10/C/X. Have no idea about your RC 20gx.

Most guitar amps have spkrs with a dramatic freq rolloff after about 4~5kHz -- not FRFR. Thus, although you may be able to connect a playback audio source (Instrument in, AuxIn, FX Loop Return, Line In, or otherwise) aside from any impedence mismatch that will also affect volume and frequency response, the resulting audio may be less than ideal. It may still suffice for what you need.
Mustang v2 III/IV●EXP-1●FUSE●REMUDA●Yamaha THR10C
Epi LP Florentine Pro●LP Cstm Pros●LP PlusTop Pro●Sheraton-II Pro
Cstm Strat Vntg Noiseless●Guild D-55
So Creek Cables●BOSS RC-1●RS7500
D'Addario Strings●Vari-Grip●Planet Lock Straps
Quote by MusicLaw
Works great with an Amp that has FRFR speakers and an AuxIn jack designed for MP3 playback like a Yamaha THR10/C/X. Have no idea about your RC 20gx.

Most guitar amps have spkrs with a dramatic freq rolloff after about 4~5kHz -- not FRFR. Thus, although you may be able to connect a playback audio source (Instrument in, AuxIn, FX Loop Return, Line In, or otherwise) aside from any impedence mismatch that will also affect volume and frequency response, the resulting audio may be less than ideal. It may still suffice for what you need.

Amps with Aux-inputs would probably have speakers more suited to miscellaneous uses since they tend to be modeling amps and use speaker emulation. My guess is that these amps would have speakers with a fairly flat response.
Yes. Take 3.5 mm jack from the phoned output. Put a 1K resistor in left and right signals to joint them together, the connect to a 1/4 inch jack on the input of the amp. This will work with any amp, but doesn't the cube have an input for this anyway and you just need a 4 pole 3.5mm jack to jack to the aux in?
Last edited by PSimonR at May 10, 2016,
Quote by Leather Sleeves
Amps with Aux-inputs would probably have speakers more suited to miscellaneous uses since they tend to be modeling amps and use speaker emulation. My guess is that these amps would have speakers with a fairly flat response.
Browse over to the Celestion website and take a look at the freq response curves for any their Guitar type 12" speakers. Just about every one takes a dive by 5kHz. For guitar they all sound great! Not so, for production/backing tracks with content of vocals, horns, keyboards, strings, piano, nor anything with high freq content. Has very little to do with the amp being a modeling amp or having cab simulations.
Mustang v2 III/IV●EXP-1●FUSE●REMUDA●Yamaha THR10C
Epi LP Florentine Pro●LP Cstm Pros●LP PlusTop Pro●Sheraton-II Pro
Cstm Strat Vntg Noiseless●Guild D-55
So Creek Cables●BOSS RC-1●RS7500
D'Addario Strings●Vari-Grip●Planet Lock Straps
Sometimes the computer's headphones output is too strong to put into the amp's input. Best to turn the computer's volume to zero first then eek it up as you play with the volume on the amp. There should be no problems then, unless you pump some super low bass that the amp's speaker cant handle.

Connecting double-jack with headphones output of my Mac with AUX In shall work, am I right? And sound wouldn't be suppressed? I was given double-jack cable within cube, but it doesn't work the best (very bad sound) and I think it's because of low quality of cable. I would rather get better if it will working. And had good-enough quality (maybe the same like played on computer)
Last edited by lutek14 at May 11, 2016,
I've done it with and amp line out hooked up to a home stereo with CD or AUX inputs (using RCA jacks)
Sounded alright, not great but well enough to get some ideas recorded.
It worked good enough for our bass player at the time when he first joined us.
Last edited by CodeMonk at May 11, 2016,
I use the aux in on my Vypyr from my laptop from time to time when I need a loud portable speaker.

The sound quality depends on the frequencies you feed into it.

Music other than just guitar sounds bad. The Star Spangled Banner done on guitar only sounds decent.

Low / mid computer simulated human voice sounds fine.

The speaker seems to be the limiting factor (Peavey Blue Marvel in my case).
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by lutek14
Ah... So only guitar will sound good, other don't? Such a pity :/

That's pretty much horseshit. Will it sound as good as a decent stereo system? No.

But it's perfectly usable and it's unlikely that anyone that doesn't know what you're doing will notice.

I've used amps as portable music speakers and/or PA's several times. Nary a complaint.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
it will sound as good as your playing.

and not one bit better.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.