Hey everyone, need a little bit of trouble shooting.

Last night everything was perfect, i made a near perfect run of daves solo in holy wars, feeling satisfied i called it a night.

This eavning i have returned to find that the D and G string are near unplayable on the first fret and 100%unplayable on open.
The strings are very literally just laying across the frets.
The low E is also buzzing slightly more than usual, prevously it was only audible unplugged ,but now is audable plugged in as well.
The action was set blisteringly low if that helps.

I attempted to raise the bridge by hand but i can only do so much with the strings on (no spares with me on this trip).
The neck still looks perfectly straight.

So yeah if anyone could help me fix this so i have something to do for the next week,thatd be great.

Theres no stores within 100 miles ,so thats out.

Guitar is a dave mustaine VMNT
Last edited by vochinsky74 at May 10, 2016,
Loosen the truss rod. Wood expands and contracts, causing the neck relief to require adjusting every once in awhile.

If the guitar played fine the night before, then you shouldn't be adjusting the bridge height. Doing that only compounds the problem. The bridge wouldn't have moved since the night before, so why move it now?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Because im stuck in a roach motel for a week and have nothing to do.

I already plan to swap gauges when i get back so a new set up is already on the calender.
Last edited by vochinsky74 at May 10, 2016,
You shouldn't adjust things if they're fine. Don't fix what isn't broken.
I already plan to swap gauges when i get back so a new set up is already on the calender.

If that's what you were planning to do anyway, then this thread was pointless from the beginning.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
You shouldn't adjust things if they're fine. Don't fix what isn't broken.

If that's what you were planning to do anyway, then this thread was pointless from the beginning.

I was wondering more if there was a temp measure i could use just to get it to playable.
Adjustments to the truss rod are temporary measures, if you adjust it back next week.

That's really all you can do in this situation.
what were the conditions? was there a big temp/humidity change? could it have gotten knocked over?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I'm assuming if you are in a hotel somewhere you have traveled from your home so it is probably a temperature and humidity change that has caused your neck to shift which is causing your problem.

Put your bridge back to how it was and adjust your truss rod, although honestly, a truss rod doesn't actually do anything to that part of the neck near the nut, so it might not fix your problem.

You could try shimming the nut temporarily.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb