I am agent of loose change
A change of mind
A change of socks
A change of paygrade
A change of paper
A change into a complete stranger

-----
*claps*

Nicely done. At first, the last section seemed out of place, but it helps solidify a strong piece. Line by line, a person's age is shown.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
The stationary line is wonderful, it says so much.
I feel the piece started strong but lost focus after the third stanza - it goes from the monotony of working life to an almost whingey tone. I like the idea of the last verse, but it doesn't quite come off for me, I think you can almost ignore the last line (or maybe have a couple more changes) that show the person has become unrecognizable to themselves.
|
'....even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked...."

Do me a favour, pop into Songwriting & Lyrics and add a comment to one thread, any thread, but contribute.

----

www.soundcloud.com/christobaldo
@bjgrifter

Glad you liked it man, cheers!

@Herr Rararr

Thanks for taking the time to comment some feedback. I like the third stanza because it felt real to me, but maybe I'll edit the "mere"? I can see how that may add to a whingy tone. As for the ending, it's actually the chorus but I felt it tied up the piece as a stand-alone stanza. As for the "complete stranger" line, my intent was to name the trivial changes and choices you face as an adult that culminates into you being unrecognisable. Maybe it didn't work. All the same, I appreciate your words. When I get a minute I'll look over some of your stuff