been playing with the electric guitar for a while so today picked up acoustic and it felt bad. awkward, sloppy shitty etc.. wth happened??? why does it seem so much harder to play now??help.
DONT BE A DICK
very easy playability on an electric vs a " real" instrument. the electric had what....9's for strings ? now you're playing something with strings that seem twice as thick.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
1st reason very sure might be the strings which are a lot thinner on the electric...i have it the other way round. stepping from a to e sounds weird cause i accidentally bend a bit...obviously...
2nd reason ( imo !) is that the a does not "cover" mistakes, you hear mire directly doing something not appropriately
3rd reason might be the ankle you have to hold the right arm/Hand due to the Dimension difference
Quote by cheesedips
been playing with the electric guitar for a while so today picked up acoustic and it felt bad. awkward, sloppy shitty etc.. wth happened??? why does it seem so much harder to play now??help.
This just in. You have to push down hard on the strings. They don't sustain worth shit. You can't let the compressor, distortion booster, delay, and amp give the concert for you.

So basically, life sucks, and then you pick up the acoustic guitar.

It could be worse, it could be a 12 string.
Last edited by Captaincranky at May 11, 2016,
Keep in mind also that a bad acoustic is a lot worse than a bad electric, so if your acoustic is very poor, it may make things harder (though you'll have trouble when first switching over regardless of the quality of the instrument). Even with comparably decent instruments, acoustics will generally have higher action, thicker strings, more space between strings, and the body is larger which puts your arm at a different angle. But really 9 cases out of 10 it's not the instrument's fault, it's just a different kind of instrument and will take time to get used to. Acoustics are a lot more "truthful" than electrics, nothing is hidden and the instrument is more demanding, so if you can get good with an acoustic, your electric game will step up too.
Quote by Fat Lard
post of the year, thank you
It's good for you to know where your true skills lie, and the best way to find out is to pick up an acoustic and let the shortcomings fly, lol.

That being said....give the rust a couple weeks to flake off. I'm sure you'll be picking to your heart's content short enough.
Last edited by TobusRex at May 11, 2016,
Obviously an acoustic has higher action, thicker strings and is bigger/boxier so it's gonna be tougher to play. That's why I generally practice more with the acoustic. The good news is that it makes the electric feel easy to play when you go back.
Quote by Captaincranky
This just in. You have to push down hard on the strings. They don't sustain worth shit. You can't let the compressor, distortion booster, delay, and amp give the concert for you.

So basically, life sucks, and then you pick up the acoustic guitar.

It could be worse, it could be a 12 string.

Aaaaaaaaaaand what the hell is wrong with a 12 string..... 😑
Quote by Thom1989
Aaaaaaaaaaand what the hell is wrong with a 12 string..... 😑
Well, the four I have all harder to fret than my 6 strings.

I like the wider necks though
Last edited by Captaincranky at May 12, 2016,