Poll Options
View poll results: Ever wished?
No, I'm fine with who and what I am.
45 82%
Yes.
10 18%
Voters: 55.
Page 1 of 2
I know, it's an odd topic. But Sometimes, I wish I was Italian. But I'm French so that's close enough for me.
Well I mean I'm interested in elements of classical Japanese culture, albeit surface level, but if I *were* Japanese I doubt it would be of the same interest to me, unless I were raised Buddhist

If you do have an interest in a culture it's probably because you're from the outside looking in. In the same way that a lot of people romanticise the US and UK and we're much more indifferent to them.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at May 11, 2016,
Yeah I'd love to be a minority so I wouldn't have to be so damn oppressive all the time.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

I put yes. Been watching too much The Wire lately and wish I could get away with some o' dat slang you feel me?
I wish I was 2D so I could live in the 2D realm with my 2D waifu.

But really, being Hispanic is fine. Not much going on for us except people assuming that means Mexican and or say it like its an insult.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 11, 2016,
damn ethnics
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by Rebel Scum
I put yes. Been watching too much The Wire lately and wish I could get away with some o' dat slang you feel me?

I, Too, am familiar with that emotion, brethren.
I wish I was Japanese so I could meet a cute Japanese waifu and be in a J Pop band

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Joshua Garcia

But really, being Hispanic is fine wonderful

yeah

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Last edited by M00NAGEDAYDREAM at May 11, 2016,
you guys turned this thread into a neckbeard breeding ground
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

No, because by being lily white, most racists are indifferent to me.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I wish I had a different skin tone if that's what you mean. Which is probably racist in some way but being pink/slightly tan is

I mean if I had to be white why couldn't I at least get pale white almost albinoish skin
Being white would be cool because less minor unspoken prejudices/assumptions, especially when it comes to dating, eg have to expect that some people will instantly not be interested in romance just because I'm not white in a white majority country.

but that comes with being yet another dull white guy. At least I can currently crutch on my skin colour to stand out and not seem so dull initially.

I made my peace with my skin colour as a kid, happy in your own skin and all that, and learned that anyone who would treat me better if I was white is trash I shouldn't associate with.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I will stay white and English thank you very much

And I will continue to repress every ethnic minority I see just by being white and english
I have nothing important to say
^ That's because in the average woman you can't fit the whole thing in there. Not as much fun if you ask me.

Not to mention getting it caught in a lawnmower or something. You know how crazy gardening can get.
Quote by theguitarist
Being white would be cool because less minor unspoken prejudices/assumptions, especially when it comes to dating, eg have to expect that some people will instantly not be interested in romance just because I'm not white in a white majority country.

but that comes with being yet another dull white guy. At least I can currently crutch on my skin colour to stand out and not seem so dull initially.

I made my peace with my skin colour as a kid, happy in your own skin and all that, and learned that anyone who would treat me better if I was white is trash I shouldn't associate with.

yeah but you're white enough that you can pretend to be all white and black enough that you can pretend to be black so you get both check your privileges
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
you guys don't even know the difference between race and ethnicity
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777

I know that Usain Bolt has never won an ethnicity.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal

And I know that I don't like putting on a wig and make-up, dressing in something ethnicity and dancing in front of the mirror in the evening.
Quote by theogonia777

race is the more interesting question because everyone is a little bit of something with ethnicities and so what you end up really asking there is "do you sometimes wish you were born in a different culture?" which leads to people weebing out and such.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I quite like being English tbh
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by AndersM1
Wow no one has mentioned bbc.

lol
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
If race and gender are a choice, so is ethnicity.

Be what you want.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Bladez22
I quite like being English tbh

I like being english more than being american but americans seem to take not wanting to be american very personally. eg if forced I'd give up being american no problem (though I've heard you get treated pretty much like it's a few decades ago and you are defecting to USSR or something lol)

It looks cool being one of those polyglot europeans from like switzerland or germany or something who have ties to a whole bunch of countries and so can pretty much chill comfortably anywhere in europe. Knowing a few people like that is the only time I've been notably envious of someone's ethnicity.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Mongol
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Mongol

You're only 2 letters away olololol

man that's a lame joke
Quote by Diemon Dave
I'm cool with being hispanic, but I wish I was white so I could have better hair.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
No, but I'm white in the UK so checking my privilege
I wish a lot about me was different but I'm okay with my skin/face.
Being Italian/French or something could be cool for cultural reasons but if I cared enough I could move there
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by slapsymcdougal at #33965295

Nice.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by theguitarist
I like being english more than being american but americans seem to take not wanting to be american very personally. eg if forced I'd give up being american no problem (though I've heard you get treated pretty much like it's a few decades ago and you are defecting to USSR or something lol)

It looks cool being one of those polyglot europeans from like switzerland or germany or something who have ties to a whole bunch of countries and so can pretty much chill comfortably anywhere in europe. Knowing a few people like that is the only time I've been notably envious of someone's ethnicity.

Americans can be insecure at times, over the top nationalism to make up for a lack of history or something

I've come to terms with being the scum of the earth, it's actually quite amusing how universally hated the English are. Working class cockney background and I'm from a pretty scummy part of the countryside
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by Joshua Garcia
But really, being Hispanic is fine. Not much going on for us except people assuming that means Mexican and or say it like its an insult.

u damn mexican!! ha ha I sure got you
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
u damn mexican!! ha ha I sure got you

The real question is:

do you you assume that some of his is good people?

Quote by Diemon Dave
Josh is all bad people
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Thos hurtful words tho
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Thos hurtful words tho

Is this what they mean when they say there's a skinny person trapped inside a fat one?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Is this what they mean when they say there's a skinny person trapped inside a fat one?

I thought fisting was a totally different thing oops
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Page 1 of 2