Page 1 of 2
i have seen a lot of things and read even more things about used gear going up/down in price in the market.

so what do you think?

what is going to go up in price in the next few years? what down?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have noticed Sovtek MIG's going up in price over the last few years.

Musicman amps have also gone up a little bit.

on another note, i am hoarding MN3007's.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
also MIJ jackson are still wicked cheap, and the for the most part are great (except for the liscnesed trems), i think they will be of higher demand in the future. i just picked up a DKMG for a buddy $240, and its in good shape with just one or two small chips.

also NOS tubes may be a good market to get into.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
It is hard to say but my first guess is that anything quality from a civilized country will appreciate or keep its value, in other words made in USA, Germany, England. Probably most British Marshalls will go up.

I have a Laney AOR which was a mediocre 80s head, some stupid doom band pick it up and all the kids that are into the genre will pay double for it compared to what I paid. A lot of new trends seem to be like that. When I was growing up, I experimented with amps, guitars, but today's youth just eats off the artist's endorsements...just look how many poor djenty kids buy AxeFx while they can barely afford it.

There'll also be a wholesale of 7, 8, 9 string guitars as soon as the djent genre goes out of fashion and that'll be very soon. Look at how much you can get for a Dime guitar now compared to what you paid, or the price of a V or Jackson Soloist during the Nirvana period where everyone wanted Fender's old ugly ducklings. Now the market is more controlled, Fender owns Jackson and Charvel so I doubt they'll let the market slide as bad, in other words they'll wont kill the trends as fast and milk it longer but those 8 strings will go for sure as they don't make any sense.
Last edited by diabolical at May 12, 2016,
Quote by diabolical
It is hard to say but my first guess is that anything quality from a civilized country will appreciate or keep its value, in other words made in USA, Germany, England. Probably most British Marshalls will go up.

I have a Laney AOR which was a mediocre 80s head, some stupid doom band pick it up and all the kids that are into the genre will pay double for it compared to what I paid. A lot of new trends seem to be like that. When I was growing up, I experimented with amps, guitars, but today's youth just eats off the artist's endorsements...just look how many poor djenty kids buy AxeFx while they can barely afford it.

British Marshalls is a good call. there are even fewer and fewer JCM2000 DSL's and they have gone up a little bit in the last few years. the new DSL's are inferior, even with my limited experience with them.

as far as the MIJ Jackson thing goes, there are heavy alliances of MIJ guitars so i think that they might go high in the future, however its not like the mexican ones are bad though.

there was another thread relating to this, SED =C='s may be a good thing to pick up now.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Here's a trend of the used market: thinking what they have is worth more than it is

Quote by trashedlostfdup
British Marshalls is a good call. there are even fewer and fewer JCM2000 DSL's and they have gone up a little bit in the last few years. the new DSL's are inferior, even with my limited experience with them.

as far as the MIJ Jackson thing goes, there are heavy alliances of MIJ guitars so i think that they might go high in the future, however its not like the mexican ones are bad though.

there was another thread relating to this, SED =C='s may be a good thing to pick up now.

My JCM2000 DSL50 is from 2006 and sounds great now I've outfitted it with JJ tubes and the E34L Mark 2's, before that though... Well let's just say I wasn't happy. You can snag a DSL quite cheap if someone wants to get rid of it, they're quite a bargain so long as you replace the tubes immediately.

That all said, I recently was doing a live radio session and used the DSL50 they had there. The studio owner said he recently had a qualified amp electrician look inside of it and well... the electrician said he'd never - in his entire life - seen a wiring job so bad. But hey, that's Marshall for you, they're kind of in that Gibson phase.

And again, that DSL is kind of on the cheap end for a real Marshall, so i guess you get what you pay for. It is a touring head after all, it's meant for a hard life.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
I think more attention is going to be paid to the smaller builders...at least if I have anything to say about it! : haha:

Part of that is I've noticed more people actually knowing who I'm talking about when I mention those obscure 1-man operations and small companies. I'm also seeing more of them show up in the used section of big-box instrument stores.

For example, when I got my first Jon Kammerer guitar, nobody knew who he was. For a while, I may have had the only ones in the entire D/FW Metroplex except for a local rising C&W star who needed a nice lefty acoustic- actually featured in a little blurb in Vintage Guitar magazine. A few years ago, though, I saw a beautiful burled walnut solidbody one in a GC near me, hidden in the darkest corner of their used gear section- it was being hidden in plain sight because many of the employees wanted it for themselves...

And just the other day, a guitar publication sent me an email announcing that he's having a clearance sale (40% off his older models in stock). Even if he doesn't sell a single one, it will drive traffic to his site...and make some people look for his older stuff in the used market.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Anthony1991
Here's a trend of the used market: thinking what they have is worth more than it is

i have noticed this as well. people are asking $500 for "upgraded" MIM strats.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
also MIJ jackson are still wicked cheap, and the for the most part are great (except for the liscnesed trems), i think they will be of higher demand in the future. i just picked up a DKMG for a buddy $240, and its in good shape with just one or two small chips.

In some markets they've already gone crazy up in price. Where I live, ever since Jackson closed their Japanese factory the prices of those used MIJs went up 50-100%, especially KE3 and older Kelly models for some reason. Maybe because they don't pop up as often as RRs or DKs.
Quote by gregs1020
i have noticed this as well. people are asking $500 for "upgraded" MIM strats.

Oh absolutely. Joining a facebook local selling group is out right hilarious. The best times are when some yokel gets a hold of some guitars that are shaped like a Les Paul or Strat but clearly aren't, and then posts on the group saying something like:

'I've got these hand crafted guitars up for sale! Super Rare!! Come make me an offer!'

Those guitars were made in North Korea and I can see the neck bow from across the room I find it funny and sad that he thinks this is his moment to be that guy that sells a strat for $100,000.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Anthony1991
Oh absolutely. Joining a facebook local selling group is out right hilarious. The best times are when some yokel gets a hold of some guitars that are shaped like a Les Paul or Strat but clearly aren't, and then posts on the group saying something like:

'I've got these hand crafted guitars up for sale! Super Rare!! Come make me an offer!'

Those guitars were made in North Korea and I can see the neck bow from across the room I find it funny and sad that he thinks this is his moment to be that guy that sells a strat for $100,000.

i just found an upgraded squier for $325. lucky me.
I see tons of homebuild/DIY/Custom gear being sold now. Like, years ago (at least around here) the only options you had were imports or just the run of the mill, regular gear companies coming up for sale. Now I see random pickup winders, pedal and amp makers, luthiers popping up out of the woodwork.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Aside from people thinking their gear is worth more than it is, which baffles me given the amount of sites that can be researched to find out the going rate for anything, I have seen a lot of MIJ Ibanezes rise in price. Or at least what they feel is fair. Both Ibby 550s and 570s are easily going for 350-500 and some beyond that.
Luckily I scored my JCM off a trade, the first one I had I bought new for about $1000 and ending up selling for $800. Now you can find them around $500.
My local CL has had a lot of Nippon Gakki's go for pretty low prices.
I've noticed that pedals are on the rise, especially with the amount of boutique builders and high quality out there.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
I own 6 MIJ Jacksons, the latest being a 1989 Charvel Fusion Custom with Schaller trem I grabbed for $350 in near mint condition, I nabbed them mainly because they are damn good guitars for the price, even if a few upgrades are required. So it would be nice if the market value went up a bit considering I got a great price on all of them then if I was ever in a situation where I had to sell one I could eek out a profit, the range I paid was $175-$450.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at May 12, 2016,
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i have seen a lot of things and read even more things about used gear going up/down in price in the market.

so what do you think?

what is going to go up in price in the next few years? what down?

No telling, and I think guitars are becoming a lousy investment. That likely includes things like original '59 LP bursts. There will probably be some play as high end people like Gibson and Fender play with their prices, and there will be some adjustments here and there for inflation, but even Gibson is willing to admit it's finding the market "soft."

But there are so many good cheap NEW instruments that used higher-priced instruments are going to be finding it difficult to justify their pricing.
Quote by dspellman
No telling, and I think guitars are becoming a lousy investment. That likely includes things like original '59 LP bursts. There will probably be some play as high end people like Gibson and Fender play with their prices, and there will be some adjustments here and there for inflation, but even Gibson is willing to admit it's finding the market "soft."

But there are so many good cheap NEW instruments that used higher-priced instruments are going to be finding it difficult to justify their pricing.

Why would an original '59 LP burst do anything but gain value over time?

Of course Gibson's finding the market soft with their new products, but that doesn't alter the status of collector items like the '59's... People aren't buying them because they are good value instruments that you can take to your local pub gig...
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at May 12, 2016,
Things can go down in price is people don't care about buying them anymore or if everyone that wants one has one.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by dspellman

OK. i have to disagree with this.

yeah, likely no guitars currently made will pop into the $100k range in 20 years.

however, supply and demand exists, regardless of new or used or vintage, etc.

there are no more MIJ jacksons. period. they have gone up in price, but they can be found cheaply and will increase in value. is a dinky, rhodes, or a soloist going to be with $10k? fuck no. but they will go up.

i am not suggesting to empty out your bank account on MIJ jacksons or whatever, as that would be quite foolish, but they may go up a little bit.

a simple gain can be seen by NOS tubes. on the VERY SMALL scale, my =C= EL34's are indeed worth more now than when i bought them. am i going to capitalize on that? nope. but they are not in production, are things with a much shorter use span than say a guitar and amp. there are going to be less and less. period.

some things will increase in value, some will decrease. more will obviously decrease, but there are things that will.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I collect many things, and invest in many things. I have never considered guitars to be an investment. They're a collectible that may pay off, but probably won't.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
I collect many things, and invest in many things. I have never considered guitars to be an investment. They're a collectible that may pay off, but probably won't.

Nor I in the grand scheme.

the only thing close to the 'investment' thing is stuff that is no longer made that i won't be able to find readily in the future. so i do have some NOS tubes, and BBD stuff, because i am not sure how hard to find or expensive to acquire down the line.

i don't collect, i hoard. haha. but i try to buy smart.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Silverface CBS era Fender amps seem to be going up from what I've seen. I am not sure if it is a case of those trying to sell thinking their amps are worth more than they really are... or if people are actually insane enough to drop $800+ on a 40 year old amp or $1K+ for an amp and cab from that era.

Used to be able to find silverface bandmasters for 300 bucks on the regular. Not so much these days. Will see what market does in time on that matter.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by ThunderPunk
Silverface CBS era Fender amps seem to be going up from what I've seen. I am not sure if it is a case of those trying to sell thinking their amps are worth more than they really are... or if people are actually insane enough to drop $800+ on a 40 year old amp or $1K+ for an amp and cab from that era.

Used to be able to find silverface bandmasters for 300 bucks on the regular. Not so much these days. Will see what market does in time on that matter.

Definitely. I like a lot of the Silverface Fenders, but when I'm paying that much I could just as easily find a production amp that will be cheaper and sound pretty much just as good.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I've noticed a lot of Japanese brand guitars go up in price and be generally more 'available' (at a cost) recently. I'm not really sure why that is, it'd be cool if someone would explain why those guitars are quite sought after.

I appreciate they're a little but more unique, but short of hand wired vintage pick-ups I can't really see why they'd be worth that much
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by trashedlostfdup
OK. i have to disagree with this..

Honestly, from reading the rest of your post, I think we're pretty much in agreement on most of this.

Guitar Denter is suffering from a very soft market (and overwhelming debt), Gibson is admitting its guitars aren't selling all that well (though that could have something to do with the choices they made in 2015), NAMM is reporting an overall slowdown in guitar sales as are the merchant reporting companies that identify trends and sales leaders.

Vintage/used dealers at the various guitar shows I've been to here in the LA area are suggesting that prices are holding steady or dropping slightly, with a random group of guitars going slightly up here and there.

Like you, I'm more of a hoarder; I've stashed things that I think might be difficult to source eventually, and I have enough guitars to last me well into the next century.

At the moment, popular music is all about one-name chick singers with the occasional oddly-named hip-hop artist salted (peppered?) in here and there. Beyonce, Taylor, Katy, Adele, Ariana, Selena (add in random Disney Princesses as required), Ciara, Miley, Drake, L'il Weiner, Bieber, WeakEnd, etc. Unless a new guitar hero comes along that can drop into their earning levels, we're unlikely to see much pickup in the guitar market.
Yeah guitar-centric music is definitely out of the spotlight, but I don't necessarily think that fewer people are playing guitar. I mean, it's not like everyone was playing guitar in the 70s, and even if they were, they certainly didn't have as easy access to all the gear we have.

Not necessarily disagreeing with any of your analysis, I just think there is more to it than "guitar music isn't on the radio so guitars aren't going to be as popular."

Even besides that, I think that "pop music" does not command the attention that it once did. With services like Spotify, Apple Music, hell, even iTunes, people have a lot of options to hear stuff they wouldn't have previously.

I hear a lot about how the music industry is losing money or whatever, and that is definitely partially because of new formats and pirating etc. but I also think part of it is that the big names just don't quite command the same attention that they used to. It's like music listeners have splintered off with all the options available.

Anyhow, I've went off on a tangent, carry on!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I see a lot of brand name/tier A gear continuing to hold it's value/slowly rise (USA Fenders, Gibsons, Mesa and Marshall amps, etc.), but I also see a lot of budget-friendly gear going up in value a bit. The MIJ Jacksons that others have mentioned is a good call - They're way cheap on the used market, but are quality guitars. As the prices of new high end Jacksons continues to rise (USA series especially...), I think more players will consider the MIJ models as an alternative.

I also wonder about Silverface Fender amps. I've already seen a noticeable increase in their asking prices over the past few years. Some of the best bang for the buck on the vintage gear market, but will it stay that way?
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Not to be obsessing on Japan, but MIJ Fender's have gone up in the last few years. Even the Squier MIJ stuff is pricey.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by dementiacaptain
Yeah guitar-centric music is definitely out of the spotlight, but I don't necessarily think that fewer people are playing guitar. I mean, it's not like everyone was playing guitar in the 70s, and even if they were, they certainly didn't have as easy access to all the gear we have.

I suspect there are more people playing guitar than ever before, thanks to the proliferation of good instruments at a very affordable price as well as other factors like the simple fact that there are a LOT more people than ever before.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Even the Squier MIJ stuff is pricey.
I've definitely noticed this too!

I used to have a MIJ Squier HSH strat, but I sold it off since I didn't like the Floyd Rose II bridge on it, and didn't feel like spending a good chunk of change on modifying a Squier. Maybe it would have been worth it by now?
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by Arby911
I suspect there are more people playing guitar than ever before, thanks to the proliferation of good instruments at a very affordable price as well as other factors like the simple fact that there are a LOT more people than ever before.

Yeah, it's almost kind of shocking how much the quality of cheap guitars has improved in the space of 5-10 years. You can buy a new sub $200 'starter' guitar and it'll actually be a good guitar, sure the paint work/binding (if there is any) might be a bit ropey and the fret work probably wouldn't be fantastic, but still, it'll be a great guitar to learn on and keep for several years.

If I were to buy the same starter guitar I did 10 years ago, and buy it again today, there would be a world of difference in regards to finish, playability, and general set up.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Not to be obsessing on Japan, but MIJ Fender's have gone up in the last few years. Even the Squier MIJ stuff is pricey.

The MIJ Squier JV series are mostly pricey, specially in mint condition or still in-the-box. There are SQ series (serial # beginning with SQ) that are getting pricey, but not all.

The MIK Squier Protone series are sort of collectibles now. Ash body and thick/full trem blocks for the Strats (10 years before the MIM Standard Strats got it).

The non-JV and non-SQ MIJ Squiers are still inexpensive.
i have a MIK showmaster that i bought new for $200. they are double that now. its actually a very nice guitar.

ippon - what are you thoughts on the E-series?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by dspellman
No telling, and I think guitars are becoming a lousy investment. That likely includes things like original '59 LP bursts.

i blame kirk.

'59s were cool until he bought one.

Quote by gregs1020 at #33969209
i blame kirk.

'59s were cool until he bought one.

If it's any consolation I'm sure he payed way too much for it. I bet the only thing they didn't swap out before it changed hands were those shitty tuners.

My impression with the vintage guitar market is often, you don't know what you're getting so it's easy to get your butt ripped off unless you hire experts. Especially considering how good some of the replica makers are. I'm sure there are tons of replicas, 50s conversions etc... that get sold off as the real deal without people being any wiser. I also think a lot of people tend to overvalue beaten up, frankenparts old LPs because they think "O shit lol its a 59" and a lot of them end up sitting until they're let go for more reasonable prices. So I think the idea that every 59 LP is worth 6 figures (and not just minty ones or significant celebrity status ones) is mostly smoke and mirrors.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
^ probably. i shouldn't slag on kirk, i've never met the man he's probably very cool. i'm just a little jelly bout the guitar.

one thing i have seen is the value of some higher end "vintage" japanese made LP's specifically but also fender type models. greco mint collection or eg-1200 and above, tokai ls-80 and above (even the LS-50 an LS-60 actually), older navigators. any of them made in the early 80s are fetching better prices on the japan auction sites than they were 3-4 years ago.

as said same for the fender japan re-issues. they're up a bit as well.

it's funny, with japan 1970-1980's is considered "vintage".

however, some of the lesser known brands from the 90s-00s in japan like bacchus have remained lower priced. but those aren't considered vintage, just great mij quality. yet the fender japan units with lacquer from that same era (st-100 and above type stuff) fetch good prices. there's brand recognition for you.

i haven't bought from there in a couple years, it seemed as the dollar gained value over the japan yen, the better guitars seemed to sell for higher prices.
Last edited by gregs1020 at May 14, 2016,
used has always been an interesting and cyclical segment of the business. it is very driven by trends and what is "cool" right now.

the vintage market is going to take a huge hit as players on my end of the age spectrum are starting to retire and sell off those old guitars. if you have a 59 burst then you can sell it for a good chunk of cash, buy a custom shop version to have and play and still end up with a pile of money. the same can certainly be said for vintage strats. with the guitars in spectacular condition you can expect the vintage value to drop over the next 10-15 years. younger players just plain aren't that interested in these guitars.

I'm not so sure that the Japanese made jacksons (or other 80s name brands) are going to continue to go up. the market for the more metal style guitars seems to be dropping some (at least around here) and there are plenty of affordable new guitars. unless some current name players (not the older guys that are still around) start using them and mentioning it I'm thinking they will peak and perhaps drop some. they really aren't rare hard to find (with a few exceptions).

one of the big things about the used market is availability. many new guitars are made in pretty large quantities so there seems to be a fair number on the used market. tough for prices to go up when thee are a ton of them around. I think the MIM strat is a good example. the new price went up $100 and while some are trying to up the price of used MIMs they don't seem to really move at the higher price, just to many out there.

I'm sure guitar will come around again in popularity. at that time whatever the next "big guitar hero" is playing will go up and something else will go down when players move on. always been that way.
I tell you one thing I've noticed: Reverb.com has had a few fairly big name artists set up accounts to have gear sales of some of their cool but still less desirable gear. Rick Nielsen had one recently- lots of nice stuff, but almost nothing you'd immediately look at and recognize as belonging to the lead guitarist from Cheap Trick.

I suppose it is more profitable than doing an auction for the same stuff.

I can definitely see some older Strandberg's going up in the next 10 years since everyone and their momma has been playing them. I had the chance to buy the first prototype for like 1.3k and I really kick myself when I think about it.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
All items considered "collectable" eventually end up going down. At some point all the people who desired a certain collectable will have what they want, & there will be fewer buyers than sellers. Case in point stamps, coins, & baseball cards. In my area, it's a buyers market for guitars, as fewer new players emerge. As a general rule, the generation attending high school now has no interest in putting in the effort to learn to play. Craigslist is flooded with guitars from parents who bought them for kids who only had a fleeting interest. That's my opinion anyway. Buy to play.
Quote by snaggleyoda
All items considered "collectable" eventually end up going down.

Not that I've followed closely, but I'd be surprised if there was a decline in the price of Stradivarius violins?

How about 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO's?

I'm sure you can think of other examples...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Page 1 of 2