I'm a little confused by the changes in B.C. Rich lineup ever since they teamed up with Praxis Musical Instruments. There's no mention of the C. J. Pierce and Lita Ford signature models in the web site. Are these models discontinued?
The new BC Rich line up kinda sucks...although what they DO have is really nice.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
IIRC the plan was to concentrate on their core models, so there's a range of Mockingbird and Warlock specs, with a couple of low-end V's, a superstrat style(the assassin I think)and a warbeast.
Yup, no high end Kerry King signatures either. I would love to try one of his real guitars, with EMGs and a Kahler and neck thru construction.
Quote by JackovSlayer
Yup, no high end Kerry King signatures either. I would love to try one of his real guitars, with EMGs and a Kahler and neck thru construction.

Kahler's are great nice and wiggly

I have a neck thru Kerry King Beast V with a Kahler that he helped design, if you want to call suggesting putting Beast horns on a Speed V designing and I have never seen him with one in his hand, it is not really high end or a signature model but it plays great!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at May 12, 2016,
Signature models go in and out of fashion. If they don't sell and if no one's really interested in them, they obviously don't make more of them.
Quote by dspellman
Signature models go in and out of fashion. If they don't sell and if no one's really interested in them, they obviously don't make more of them.

Yes and signatures are usually not suited to a large demographic and priced high, I bought mine (not actually a signature model) because I liked the design and features and being used it was reasonably priced.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

They only had a couple of months for this year's models. They'll continue to expand their lineup in future years.
I just want one of their Guy Marchais models, one pickup Gunslinger with a Kahler.
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
BC Rich has new owners who are trying to turn things around and make BC Rich a good company again. as mentioned they started with their core (ie best selling) models and provided those are successful will certainly add more models. I'm guessing that the Bich will be next then perhaps some of the other models (really want Eagle but I know that isn't a big seller). as for the super strat style models I'd have to think that maybe they won't go in that direction as the market is flooded with them already. I kinda get the feeling they plan on going with more original designs that BC Rich is known for.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
There's really no other company that builds a Superstrat designed like BCR's though, they are quite unique. I would also have to say that the Gunslingers and Assassin's (ASM) are arguably some of their best sellers. So hopefully they will make a comeback.

can't say I've played an Assassin but I have played a few Gunslingers and can't say I found anything different about them than any number of other superstrat style guitars. what's different?
Quote by Way Cool JR.
There's really no other company that builds a Superstrat designed like BCR's though, they are quite unique. I would also have to say that the Gunslingers and Assassin's (ASM) are arguably some of their best sellers. So hopefully they will make a comeback.

My friend has a vintage late 80s import Outlaw, it was before the crappy plywood turds that Class Axe was spewing out, it is a damn nice guitar it is effortless to play, I keep trying but he won't come off of it.

I can't really say it has anything on my Jackson or Charvel super strata tho
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Suck to hear BC Rich's instruments aren't selling well anymore because I think everybody stick with Ibanez, Schecter and ESP for better quality and tones now. I wanted to have one back in my high school days but I choose Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX, that's why I idolize him, for a cool guitar look and I'm glad I got the better one, which my interest in musical instruments even better. Well, I guess there is nothing to say about this though.

BC Rich guitars are for modern black/death metal, in my opinion.
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
TC Electronic Fangs Metal
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Suck to hear BC Rich's instruments aren't selling well anymore because I think everybody stick with Ibanez, Schecter and ESP for better quality and tones now. I wanted to have one back in my high school days but I choose Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX, that's why I idolize him, for a cool guitar look and I'm glad I got the better one, which my interest in musical instruments even better. Well, I guess there is nothing to say about this though.

BC Rich guitars are for modern black/death metal, in my opinion.

well this is what the new company is trying to change, that very perception. back in the late 70s several prominent guitar hero types ( Joe Perry, Rick Derringer, Craig Chaquito) started to use BC Rich's and recorded some fairly well known classic rock tracks with them. when the NJ series made them more affordable to the average player (US models were pretty high end) they suddenly were the choice for up and coming metal and hair metal bands. since then they have been associated with metal and not always in a good way. through a fair bit of mismanagement they became cheesy guitars that metal kids bought and since many only played the low end models were thought of as junk.

by the way back in his Metallica and early Megadeth days dave played a BC Rich (Bich and occasionally a Mockingbird)