Page 1 of 3
Maybe my youtube video would go viral if I make this video game metal song. Why even bother getting a drummer when the ezdrummer can provide things for me in a simple way with the least amount of work? Don't you realize that making it as a musician is 100 % luck? Let's all go get jobs in retail. Let's not even try to make that next great album because we are all so weak and submissive in a digital age where rap music is pushed to the sky and thrown away next week like disposable trash.

I ask myself why? Why be a part of something so uninsipiring? Musicians these days are lacking a set of nuts. When Hendrix played the guitar with his teeth that was a guy who had a set of nuts. Bring a heart with you next time, or just don't even do it. I don't know. You guys don't impress me at all with your comedy skits turned music career over youtube or your ezdrummer albums. I think it lacks passion and drive. It's like the only thing you are good at doing is conforming to a digital age while being weak and submissive as artists. I guess I expect you guys to step up. Show me something more. It's not like I should be the only one impressing people.

I will say the same thing I said to the last person I talked with about auditioning. I drew blood on my snare drum in 2005. The movie Whiplash was like a warmup for me. What are you doing as a vocalist, a guitar player, or bass player to match my passion? Are you a loser? Or are you capable of something more? I don't want to hear from any weak and submissive mother fuckers. Stop wishing for old music to come back and just become what you always wanted. I expect more from you.
ok
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

People really gotta consult their doctors before they stop their loonie meds.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by fte85
It's not like I should be the only one impressing people.
Where's your album? Give us a link and then let's talk.
Quote by fte85
Hi, My name is Matt Foley. I'm a motivational speaker. If you don't become passionate about your passions, you'll be 35 years old, eating a steady diet of government cheese, thrice divorced, and living in a van, down by the river. That's right! Living en el VAN, circa de un RIO!

ok.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
Last edited by dPrimmy at May 12, 2016,
This is the most basic tactic - you have nothing to show for yourself so you talk big in order to try to trick people into thinking you have powers you don't have. You're like a chihuahua, but you're not cute.
If there is a God, it's me.
i genuinely can't tell if this is meant to go in the 'cant say it post it here' thread, or if this is somehow addressed to the pit which is notoriously (or at least vocally) anti-dad rock
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
ezdrummer is for hack musicians agreed

hip hop is for passionless artists agreed

pop music is stupid and transient agreed

hendrix was a brilliant artist agreed

music shouldn't have a sense of humor agreed

I swear it's like this guy is NegaNovelties
Quote by Baby Joel
i genuinely can't tell if this is meant to go in the 'cant say it post it here' thread, or if this is somehow addressed to the pit which is notoriously (or at least vocally) anti-dad rock

i think it's generous to call the pit notoriously anything let's be real
Quote by dPrimmy
ok.

Chris Farley. That was a good episode.

I wanna talk to Matt Foley the motivational speaker and Spidey. My response to where my album is. Is that I need a guitar player like Matt Foley. It's not that I lack the skill to play guitar myself. I need a crazy player who can match me on the drums so we set the bar a little bit higher.
Quote by Will Lane
i like pecans in particular.

when i can afford them i'm partial to macadamia nuts but i can only really have a couple before it's too much
Quote by fte85 at #33967036

I wanna talk to Matt Foley the motivational speaker and Spidey. My response to where my album is. Is that I need a guitar player like Matt Foley. It's not that I lack the skill to play guitar myself. I need a crazy player who can match me on the drums so we set the bar a little bit higher.

Ian_the_fox probably has an opening
Quote by fte85

So you don't even have youtube videos of your chops or demos or anything? You've been working on your craft for years, I'm assuming and you have nothing to show for it? Nothing at all?
you're ranting online, which coincidentally is the only place you'll find the very group of technocrat-musicians you're lambasting
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
>2016
>literally the current year
>still using ezdrummer

You DO know that Superior 2.0 is a thing, right?
I'm a chronic underachiever, also known as being lazy
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
I wouldnt have worded it like that but I feel it brotha. I am waiting for the day I run into a band of musicians that try as hard as they can to be the best band of musicians ever. I'm not gonna say I am the best guitarist ever, because that is completely subjective, but I can play whatever I want at this point and I am the best I have ever been right now, and its going to waste because I am by myself.
Well I like different types of mixed nuts as well if we just wanna eat snacks and do shots. But I wanna make music professionally. I was never seeking approval from any of you about my ability. Thats why this youtube shit is like a waste of time for me. I don't want a digital pat on the back through a like or comment. I want a music career. I already know I am the best. I said I dare you to match me. I didn't say I spent 18 years grinding, and I didn't say I went through a lot of different bands with musicians who just didn't have the passion to write songs.

I knew a guy with all the technical ability in the world and he was lazy as shit. He didn't know how to construct a song so it was all for nothing. I couldn't play eruption like he could but I could write a riff that made sense and he couldn't. He became a mechanic. He doesn't play the guitar anymore. I thought we were onto something and I felt like we should have at least made a dent. But the guy was fucking lazy. After that I started to teach myself to play guitar because I wasn't going to sit around and wait. Why is everybody married with a full time job and kids? I signed up to be a musician. I didn't sign up to be a father or a working class citizen. And im kinda pissed about it in 2016. I should be on stage.
Quote by fte85
Well I like different types of mixed nuts as well if we just wanna eat snacks and do shots. But I wanna make music professionally. I was never seeking approval from any of you about my ability. Thats why this youtube shit is like a waste of time for me. I don't want a digital pat on the back through a like or comment. I want a music career. I already know I am the best. I said I dare you to match me. I didn't say I spent 18 years grinding, and I didn't say I went through a lot of different bands with musicians who just didn't have the passion to write songs.

I knew a guy with all the technical ability in the world and he was lazy as shit. He didn't know how to construct a song so it was all for nothing. I couldn't play eruption like he could but I could write a riff that made sense and he couldn't. He became a mechanic. He doesn't play the guitar anymore. I thought we were onto something and I felt like we should have at least made a dent. But the guy was fucking lazy. After that I started to teach myself to play guitar because I wasn't going to sit around and wait. Why is everybody married with a full time job and kids? I signed up to be a musician. I didn't sign up to be a father or a working class citizen. And im kinda pissed about it in 2016. I should be on stage.
Stop bitching about in an off-topic section of a forum mainly filled with people who don't give a shit then.

Seriously, you might as well go to church and pray for what you're after, because there might just be a god of making people like you shut the fuck up.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by fte85
Why even bother getting a drummer when the ezdrummer can provide things for me in a simple way with the least amount of work?
facts

I ask myself why? Why be a part of something so uninsipiring? Musicians these days are lacking a set of nuts.
facts

Stop wishing for old music to come back and just become what you always wanted.

facts
TS if you spent less time whinging and more time doing something about your problems you might actually get yourself somewhere

In the meantime I shall just assume you are some talentless 12 year old because there is no evidence to suggest otherwise

I have nothing important to say
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Stop bitching about in an off-topic section of a forum mainly filled with people who don't give a shit then.

Seriously, you might as well go to church and pray for what you're after, because there might just be a god of making people like you shut the fuck up.

Sorry If I was a dick in my rant. I made a post about getting a record label in the pit and it was really negative feedback. Just people who didn't have any faith in the business aspect of music and it got to me so I remembered to come back. "You guys" means just this generation of musicians in general. You saw by my paragraphs that I get emotional about it but thats just because I know im great and I know what is possible.

I need a guitar player to come forward and let me know hes also great. Im looking for that hidden gem to compliment what I do because im the best drummer around. How do you shut a drummer up? I could shut myself up through my own amp if I put my beats through a surround system but id rather find a good guitar player who can match what I do behind the drum kit. Let's dare to set the bar high for once and take what is ours. No excuses.
Quote by fte85
Thats why this youtube shit is like a waste of time for me. I don't want a digital pat on the back through a like or comment. I want a music career.
Umm...as you pointed out, it's 2016. Do you really think that you're going to start a music career without the internet when nobody knows who you are?

Quote by fte85
I already know I am the best. I said I dare you to match me.
Big words from someone who won't show their chops.

Quote by fte85
Why is everybody married with a full time job and kids? I signed up to be a musician. I didn't sign up to be a father or a working class citizen. And im kinda pissed about it in 2016. I should be on stage.
You're feeling left behind because your friends have relationships and careers? Seriously, that's what this is about?

Quote by fte85
im the best drummer around.

Prove it. I challenge you to a drum-off. You pick the song, we both post a video of us playing to it. Pit decides on the winner.
Quote by Spidey93
Umm...as you pointed out, it's 2016. Do you really think that you're going to start a music career without the internet when nobody knows who you are?

Big words from someone who won't show their chops.

You're feeling left behind because your friends have relationships and careers? Seriously, that's what this is about?

Prove it. I challenge you to a drum-off. You pick the song, we both post a video of us playing to it. Pit decides on the winner.

If I prove it am I going to get what I want? I said I needed a great guitar player. As musicians it's time for us to create our own great originals and stop living off of the glory days of rock and roll. Show me albums from this generation that are going to live on for the next 30 years. You can't, and that should inspire you if you are a musician who wants to make it. Competing with me isn't going to increase sales on bandcamp. Buddy, im the same as you. Only I am just a little more hungry for success. Whos to say im not getting ready to release a solo album like you have done? It's just, that isn't enough for me anymore, and it's not a competition, it's a means to an end. Get busy in the office, or see the crowd from the arena. Just don't tell me you didn't have a choice.
people whining about trying to become musicians are really fucking annoying
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by fte85
If I prove it am I going to get what I want? I said I needed a great guitar player. As musicians it's time for us to create our own great originals and stop living off of the glory days of rock and roll. Show me albums from this generation that are going to live on for the next 30 years. You can't, and that should inspire you if you are a musician who wants to make it.
Challenge accepted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KPqet74EI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-48u_uWMHY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5roz5-wdjBg

Quote by fte85
Competing with me isn't going to increase sales on bandcamp.
Who ever said that was the point? You're the one who made this thread, talking big, saying that none of us are working as hard at this as you, saying that you're the best. You're very condescending and, at this point, you've given us no reason to take you seriously.

Quote by WCPhils
people whining about trying to become musicians are really fucking annoying
Also, this.
Last edited by Spidey93 at May 12, 2016,
Quote by VStratto Music
hahaha if you get in the music business you're supposed to be in it because you enjoy making music, the "musicians" who are in it because they are "hungry for success" are the ones ruining it
Yeah, people who are "hungry for success" and musicians who are passionate about their art are worlds apart. Justin Beebz vs Steven Wilson.
Quote by fte85 at #33966973
I drew blood on my snare drum in 2005.

Psh, I drew blood when I nicked myself shaving this morning.

Step your game up society.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by fte85
Sorry If I was a dick in my rant. I made a post about getting a record label in the pit and it was really negative feedback. Just people who didn't have any faith in the business aspect of music and it got to me so I remembered to come back. "You guys" means just this generation of musicians in general. You saw by my paragraphs that I get emotional about it but thats just because I know im great and I know what is possible.

I need a guitar player to come forward and let me know hes also great. Im looking for that hidden gem to compliment what I do because im the best drummer around. How do you shut a drummer up? I could shut myself up through my own amp if I put my beats through a surround system but id rather find a good guitar player who can match what I do behind the drum kit. Let's dare to set the bar high for once and take what is ours. No excuses.

Youre really that good at the drums? DO you listen to chris dave and dave weckl?
TS get a life, you sound like the kind of musician that nobody can stand to work with!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Dude OP post a video of you playing. I would love for you to be hecka good. Then we could form a band.
Page 1 of 3