Hi guys. Just wanted to get some help/advice with the following problem i have.
I have my Boss Heavy Metal 2 pedal, and recently i bought a Delay Pedal (Catalinbread Echorec). But ever since i use the Delay pedal the Distortion from my Boss HM2 sounds like crap, really horrible. And i don't mean the normal hiss you get from max. gain The crap sound i mean sort of sounds like playing through a blown up speaker (especially on low notes). If i take the delay out of the chain, all is like it was before..... so it has to have something to do with the delay. I tried putting the delay in de FX loop, but that sucks.
I only use the Distortion Pedal through the clean channel, and the crap sound i mean is even there when the delay pedal is stomped off. Obviously i played with the settings on both my amp and the Distortion pedal, but the crappy sound just stays unless i take the delay out of the chain.
I only use 4 effect pedals in the following (correct i think) order: Guitar -> Dunlop Wah -> Boss HM2 -> EH Small Stone Phaser -> Catalinbread Echorec Delay -> Amp (Engl Fireball 100).

I hope i explained it right and i hope someone can help because it is really starting to irritate me
Are you daisy chaining the power supplies? That'll cause problems sometimes. Try one on a battery if you can. This is why people pay more for power supplies with isolated outputs.
Quote by Roc8995
Are you daisy chaining the power supplies? That'll cause problems sometimes. Try one on a battery if you can. This is why people pay more for power supplies with isolated outputs.

Hmmm that is what i thought at first too, but i think i got it already. Just checked the Catalinbread manual and it says it has an internal Gain trimmer. That in combination with an internal on/off switch for true bypass was the problem i guess since the bypass was off and the gain trimmer was set to max gain. This combination resulted in extra gain even when the pedal was stomped off (because of the true bypass not working).

Reading = knowledge haha
That makes sense. Did you try it in true bypass mode? I imagine that would solve the problem too, if the buffer gain was indeed the problem.