Im going to pick up a Behringer cab tomorrow from CL, but I dont have a head yet, Im looking to get a decently cheap SS head the will put out sharp distortion sounds while also having an at least alright clean as well. Ive read some reviews on the toneblaster series from Ibanez and they seem to be regarded as pretty god amps (especially since I can get one for about 150 used). So will the Ibanez toneblaster do this for me, Thank you all!
I haven't tried one, but most of the people who did say they are very nice, considering the price range. If you find a cheap one, it'd be a good deal i guess.
Of all the cheap SS stuff, the Toneblaster may be my least favorite. Very shrill, nasty sounds. I also would not go for a Behringer cab, they are VERY cheaply constructed and speakers may just be the worst sounding product that Behringer makes.

If you give us a budget and type of music you are going for, then we may be able to recommend something better.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
Of all the cheap SS stuff, the Toneblaster may be my least favorite.

Really? When you say cheap SS stuff, what exactly do you think of? If we're talking about entry level begginer ss amps, I'd believe that there are a lot worse.
Quote by JackovSlayer
Really? When you say cheap SS stuff, what exactly do you think of? If we're talking about entry level begginer ss amps, I'd believe that there are a lot worse.

I'm talking about other stuff in it's price point. In that same budget area, I could get a Marshall Valvestate, a Crate GX/Excalibur series, a Peavey Vypyr, a Vox Valvetronix, a Fender Mustang, several older Randall models.... I mean, it isn't THE worst amp ever, but it is pretty bad compared even to other stuff at the same price point.

Everybody's taste is different obviously, but I don't like the Toneblasters at all.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.