Page 1 of 3
A gentle reminder that the "good old days" were back when the Demotivational Picture thread was on the front page for months and referring to something as "epic" without sarcasm was completely accepted.

Reading threads from 2007ish is sort of a cringe exercise.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster at #33968458
the pit is as good as it's ever been

So, shit then?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
So, shit then?

Still better than reddit.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster

Now there's a standard to be held to...

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
don't even get me started on the "i cum blood" and "lolwut" memes. it was mostly garbola. I miss some of the users, but the pit has always been a trash heap. There have been good moments like when the religion/philosophy thread were still relevant, and guys like craigo, ur all shit, slacker, frenchyfungus and so on.

I would never say it was particularly good now or then. It is an astounding good way to waste time though, that cannot be denied.
Now we've got vague blog posts, emo songs, inside jokes and insincere opinions about feminism. Can't help but think that a large portion of the current Pit's "content" would have been considered spam a couple of years ago.
Quote by JustRooster at #33968463

Debatable
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The Pits the best it's been since the time I first joined and regularly posted (can't comment on previous, obviously). Only wish I had the same amount of free time in my life to post here as much as I did back in 06-07.
It's better cuz stuff like the religion/philosophy and creationism/evolution threads are gone.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Eh, I still enjoy posting here and talking with all of you. Good enough for me.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by MeTallIcA313
At least we still don't have daily feminism threads anymore.

i think we need a good old feminism thread
Quote by kalypto at #33968485
i think we need a good old feminism thread

Limit 1 per month while supplies last.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
At least we still don't have daily feminism threads anymore.

Is that a fucking challenge
pit's ok these days

it's slow but chill in a boring-half-abandoned-village-in-the-middle-of-buttfuck-nowhere sort of way

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
While I guess a little more activity couldn't hurt, I like that I can recognise nearly everyone at this point and actually enjoy reading most posts
I'd almost fully agree. It seemed great in 09 and 10 when I joined but it was much more cliquey then. The people here now are pretty chills, but there are users I miss too thats life me guess
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by The4thHorsemen
There are a bunch of people that aren't around anymore that I miss though.

Also, the hot chicks thread.

Why are people so desperate for a hot chicks thread? Can't the find pictures on their own?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Hot chicks thread is a nice compromise for the people rumbling for feminism threads
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

95% of the people that made them unbearable aren't here anymore so I doubt it would even matter
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I mean, we do tend to randomly post ass pics/gifs in threads every now and then.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I thought the good ol' days just meant having more than 10 regular users.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by WCPhils
95% of the people that made them unbearable aren't here anymore so I doubt it would even matter

we used to debate about real pedestrian shit that is hardly even contested on here anymore. like, should you blame a woman for being raped? could she be 'asking for it'? are 'nice guys' really all that nice? we've moved on
Quote by theogonia777
Why are people so desperate for a hot chicks thread? Can't the find pictures on their own?

haha what & have my mom find out I've been googling "boobs" on the computer again? XD
Quote by Eastwinn
we used to debate about real pedestrian shit that is hardly even contested on here anymore. like, should you blame a woman for being raped? could she be 'asking for it'? are 'nice guys' really all that nice? we've moved on

ya

did you know
lolmnt (originally element4433) once got mad at me for asking people what they think they'd do if their friend confided in them that s/he was raped recently bc it was "too much" and "why would I ask questions like that?? you should know better"

we've come a long way. no one has ever hassled me in the last few years for being a rape survivor or mentioning it in relevant conversations. and what is funny is that a lot of folks considered him an ardent feminist lol
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Eastwinn at #33968879

Feminists are worried about petty shit like manspreading!!
Free Ali
What's with everybody getting raped? Is it really that hard to keep your legs closed?
Quote by vintage x metal

did you know
lolmnt (originally element4433) once got mad at me for asking people what they think they'd do if their friend confided in them that s/he was raped recently bc it was "too much" and "why would I ask questions like that?? you should know better"

we've come a long way. no one has ever hassled me in the last few years for being a rape survivor or mentioning it in relevant conversations. and what is funny is that a lot of folks considered him an ardent feminist lol

did you know that he was drier than burnt toast in the sahara
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by vintage x metal
ya

did you know

Okay my heart genuinely goes out to you and all but
rape survivor
This seems like a weird wording and I am very aware I seem like a dick for pointing this out
Quote by roger
What's with everybody getting raped? Is it really that hard to keep your legs closed?

lol how have you not been banned already

Quote by eGraham
did you know that he was drier than burnt toast in the sahara

wow

Quote by Pastafarian96
This seems like a weird wording and I am very aware I seem like a dick for pointing this out

so the idea is to stop referring to yourself as a "victim" if you want to and as a "survivor" instead bc it has a more positive connotation (not everyone does it but I'm just kind of tired of calling myself a victim of something that happened to me years ago)
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
lol how have you not been banned already

wow

so the idea is to stop referring to yourself as a "victim" if you want to and as a "survivor" instead bc it has a more positive connotation (not everyone does it but I'm just kind of tired of calling myself a victim of something that happened to me years ago)

Thought so, and honestly the more I think about it the more that makes sense
Just sounds weird bc I always had the connotation of high death chance from survivor
Quote by vintage x metal

wow

he was drier than frozen carbon dioxide

he was the inspiration for alcohol prohibition

his personality was thirstier than Gary
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Its not that we can't find our own hot chicks its that we wanna share the hot chicks. I'll never get to posts pics of Emily ratajkowski with my forum friends at this rate.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by Pastafarian96
Thought so, and honestly the more I think about it the more that makes sense
Just sounds weird bc I always had the connotation of high death chance from survivor

yeah totally, but I think that's only bc we've so popularly coined the phrase "surviving a battle with cancer" - which is definitely a battle but it's not like, surviving a battle w a tiger. and not all cancer is deadly but only the juicy stuff is good for movies and charity and whatnot

english sucks tbh
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by eGraham
he was drier than frozen carbon dioxide

he was the inspiration for alcohol prohibition

his personality was thirstier than Gary

damn I'm impressed w both of you now
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
yeah totally, but I think that's only bc we've so popularly coined the phrase "surviving a battle with cancer" - which is definitely a battle but it's not like, surviving a battle w a tiger. and not all cancer is deadly but only the juicy stuff is good for movies and charity and whatnot

english sucks tbh

Literally the first thing I thought
Page 1 of 3