Page 1 of 2
People that like dead musicians after they die because of bandwagon, and people that post about religion on facebook.

1. https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=prince

Nobody talked about Prince until he passed away. How do I know this? I bought a Prince album from Walmart a few months ago, gave it a listen, liked it, went to talk about it, nobody cares about Prince, 2 months later, he passes away, now everyone likes Prince again.

You really think because you post your "prayers" on facebook that means you have a personal and powerful connection with god and that is why you didnt die in your sleep last night? Facebook prayers do not amount to anything. Believing in god isnt some spiritual quest you can accomplish by just telling people on facebook you pray to god. You dont even know anything about god, the bible isnt enough information to make an informed opinion on god. Learning about god takes a lifetime of dedicated research and meditation. It isnt something to brag about. You are supposed to teach about it.

Do people share my opinions or am I just out numbered by the "righteous"?
Amen

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by bradulator
yeah nobody cared about Prince he's only one of the most iconic musicians in history

Thats exactly what people tell me. Oh no JRC, youre wrong, hes the most famous musician ever. He played at the superbowl! No, you dont get it. He was very famous at one point, batman era, then everyone stopped caring, then he died and now everyone likes him again. Remember that one hispanic chick that sang with frank sinatra? Nobody talked about her at all until she died then everyone hopped on the bandwagon. It happens with everyone. NOBODY talked about David Bowie, until he died. Then all the hipsters started talking about how cool he was.
guys you're not being very thankful

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
People hopping on bandwagons is a normal thing but it might just be that they've decided to give a popular but now less prominent artist a chance that they previously never got round to, and found meaning in their lateness? Sure the press will give Bowie's new album a 9/10 across the board for his holy death, but that's the press - a lot of folks likely just enjoy something that has become more significant to them through death.

All I'll say about online activism and religious childishness is that an article about baby raping is now usually reduced to
Last edited by Banjocal at May 14, 2016,
Quote by Banjocal
People hopping on bandwagons are a normal thing but it might just be that they've decided to give a popular but now less prominent artist a chance that they previously never got round to, and found meaning in their lateness? Sure the press will give Bowie's new album a 9/10 across the board, but that's the press - a lot of folks likely just enjoy something that has become more significant to them through death.

All I'll say about online activism is that an article about baby raping is now reduced to

This is the answer I wanted. This is perfectly acceptable. But why do people insist they liked Prince the whole time? Because it makes them cool? I did the same thing, I never listened to him before and decided to give him a chance and I liked it. I didnt wait till he freaking died and it was popular and cool to like him. But i think this is a flaw created by social media and it needs to stop.

Why do I care? Because if I die, and one day someone comes across my soundcloud and youtube channel and I suddenly become this crazy popular autistic musician that everyone feels bad for now that I am dead, I am gonna haunt you guys. It has happened before. A good majority of famous classical musicians didnt get famous until after they died. I bet it goes the same for lots of jazz musicians that didnt get popular because their music didnt fit in during the current era.
Honestly, I think you're over-generalising about people claiming to have "liked them the whole time".
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Eastwinn
i too am worried about posers in the scene

I'm not worried about posers. I just want people to think about things more. I want people to get the bigger picture. I hate seeing how stupid the people on my facebook are. I hate thinking the people onmy facebook are stupid. I try to just close my eyes but i cannot hide from this. I have to speak out and try to change the world myself. And that starts by pointing out trends I disagree with. People cant handle giant steps.

edit:

no i am not. Have you not been on FB lately? is your feed not filled with please give us back prince and take justin beiber? Shit like that... all day every day.
Most if not all famous musicians start making shit music in their later careers so it makes sense that they don't get as much hype as they used to

Name one "iconic" musician that still makes good music.
Last edited by GuitarGod_92 at May 14, 2016,
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

edit:

no i am not. Have you not been on FB lately? is your feed not filled with please give us back prince and take justin beiber? Shit like that... all day every day.

idk, I don't keep friends who are irritating
Quote by JustRooster
That's a shamanic incantation of truth if I ever heard one.
Yea, it's like, who even knew about these nobodies like Micheal Jackson, David Bowie, and this Prince guy before they died. Not like they were insanely famous or anything.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Most if not all famous musicians start making shit music in their later careers so it makes sense that they don't get as much hype as they used to

Name one "iconic" musician that still makes good music.

David Bowie's last album is p great stuff, though he is not still making music
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

you know what pisses me off?

successful people that don't realize they just got lucky.....you didn't do that, someone else did it for you
Last edited by mattedbird at May 14, 2016,
Quote by GuitarGod_92

Name one "iconic" musician still makes good music.

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=amy%20winehouse

I never even heard of her until she died. Then she instantly became everyone's favorite singer and talked about how amazing she was. People tell me they liked her before she died, but then why didnt I hear of her? If you liked her why didnt you talk about her? If you liked her you woulda talked about her and I would have heard you talk about her and I would have heard of her. It is as easy as that.

Wayne shorter made brilliant music with miles davis, and continued to make brilliant music in weather report, many years later. !960-1985.

Chick Corea still gets Grammy's.

Other than that, all of my favorite musicians are dead...

edit:
Quote by FireFromTheVoid
Yea, it's like, who even knew about these nobodies like Micheal Jackson, David Bowie, and this Prince guy before they died. Not like they were insanely famous or anything.

I already addressed that. I didnt say the famous musicians I already know are obviously famous like those 3 people were famous at one point. I dont understand why dying would make you re famous. If I died, please dont cover my songs at dive bars, dont talk about me, silently think about what I lived for.
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at May 14, 2016,
Prince and David Bowie were both musicians that I heard a lot about but never really took the time to listen to in depth. I only knew their big hits. After they died, I started hearing their songs on the radio while driving. I learned more about them since their passing. In fact, I'm pretty sure a lot of younger people might not have listened to these artists at all. Am I part of the problem? Is there some "grieving period" after which it's ok to discover artists again?

I've never listened to Jeff Buckley. If I started listening right now and really liked it, would it be wrong to consider myself a fan? Maybe I didn't understand the concerns in the OP.

Amen.
Last edited by sashki at May 14, 2016,
Quote by FireFromTheVoid
David Bowie's last album is p great stuff, though he is not still making music

Bowie would have had to have made good music in the first place to still be making good music

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=amy%20winehouse

I never even heard of her until she died. Then she instantly became everyone's favorite singer and talked about how amazing she was. People tell me they liked her before she died, but then why didnt I hear of her? If you liked her why didnt you talk about her? If you liked her you woulda talked about her and I would have heard you talk about her and I would have heard of her. It is as easy as that.

Wayne shorter made brilliant music with miles davis, and continued to make brilliant music in weather report, many years later. !960-1985.

Chick Corea still gets Grammy's.

Other than that, all of my favorite musicians are dead...

Literally no one in this post is an iconic musician and Amy Whinehouse is the only one the average person would even know about
Never a more apt time for this

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Can you name a musician that was not famous before they died and then became famous after words recently?

Also you specifically named prince in the OP so don't act like you weren't talking about those 3 artists
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Lol did fucking idiot OP really name Winehouse as someone he had never heard of until she died

That's your fault for being out of touch with popular culture you nerd

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I died, please dont cover my songs at dive bars, dont talk about me, silently think about what I lived for.

lol this is too much and I'm on the verge of getting myself banned
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Bowie would have had to have made good music in the first place to still be making good music

Literally no one in this post is an iconic musician and Amy Whinehouse is the only one the average person would even know about

Uh Oh... Wayne Shorter isnt iconic? Uh oh... if he passes away... uh oh... I'm gonna have to make another thread talking about how pissed off I am nobody cared about wayne shorter until he died, but then youre gonna say well psshhhh wayne shorter was hecka famous, and Im gonna say I know he was hecka famous, but then everyone stopped caring, then he died and now everyone likes him again...

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Lol did fucking idiot OP really name Winehouse as someone he had never heard of until she died

That's your fault for being out of touch with popular culture you nerd

I didnt say these people were never heard of. You are making up words to fit your point of view.
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at May 14, 2016,
Quote by GuitarGod_92

First line always hits me hard cause I remember he was basically writing the album as he knew he was dieing. Prob my favorite song on the album.
https://youtu.be/y-JqH1M4Ya8
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Okay mate

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

You are frankly a massive idiot

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Uh Oh... Wayne Shorter isnt iconic? Uh oh... if he passes away... uh oh... I'm gonna have to make another thread talking about how pissed off I am nobody cared about wayne shorter until he died, but then youre gonna say well psshhhh wayne shorter was hecka famous, and Im gonna say I know he was hecka famous, but then everyone stopped caring, then he died and now everyone likes him again...

I didnt say these people were never heard of. You are making up words to fit your point of view.

Mate literally no one knows who this Wayne Shorter guy is
I would rather you all make fun of me than wayne shorter pass away and become facebook famous. That is ok with me. Chick Corea too. Herbie Hancock as well. They are actually on tour with John McLaughlin right now, very famous tour.
This is not what I expected to find when I looked him up

https://youtu.be/3XvJFW0DHbU

No offense to the guy, but jazz isn't exactly the most popular form of music in this day and age. So even after he dies nobody will probably hear about it. I'm sorry, Wayne.
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I would rather you all make fun of me than wayne shorter pass away and become facebook famous. That is ok with me. Chick Corea too. Herbie Hancock as well. They are actually on tour with John McLaughlin right now, very famous tour.

No one will care when they die because they're not popular and iconic artists

Dude footprints is one of my favorite songs. Ron Carter on bass, miles on trumpet, tony williams on drums, the quintet was the fucking shit! Listen to that whole album, miles smiles.

I admit defeat. I shouldnt care about these things. I shouldnt accept people on facebook just because I know them, I should think twice about it. Prince was just as popular now as he was when he first started as he was one day before he died. He was always popular. Just in the back of our heads.
Just to bring it back up, wasn't Prince Michael's main rival back in the 80's. So he's only slightly less famous than one of the most famous musicians ever.
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Michael Jackson isnt the most famous musician ever. Not even close. Michael Jackson's record label has distributed more albums to stores worldwide than any other artist. That is it. That doesnt even mean he;s the top selling artist, just means his cds were shipped to stores worldwide. I believe Bach is the most famous musician ever. The first song I ever heard in my life was Joy of a mans desiring, or the entertainer by joplin, cant remember which one came first. But bach is a trillion times more famous than Prince and MJ combined, to the 10th power.
TIL the worst thing about the internet is it means assholes in their ivory towers can inflict their asstarded opinions on other people.
You're right, he's the 3rd best selling artist of all time according to the wiki
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

i agree with you man

i just unfollow people when they post religious rants or topics in the newsfeed
i'm not religious and i don't believe in your "god", so stop shoving it in my face lol

i think it's nice to remember dead musicians in that way, but i hate kids that grew up in the 2000's that are obsessed with Kurt Cobain and Nirvana, but they don't own a single record, yet they wear shirts from Hot Topic...
pretty lame
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Michael Jackson isnt the most famous musician ever. Not even close. Michael Jackson's record label has distributed more albums to stores worldwide than any other artist. That is it. That doesnt even mean he;s the top selling artist, just means his cds were shipped to stores worldwide. I believe Bach is the most famous musician ever. The first song I ever heard in my life was Joy of a mans desiring, or the entertainer by joplin, cant remember which one came first. But bach is a trillion times more famous than Prince and MJ combined, to the 10th power.

lol the average person couldn't tell a Bach piece from a Beethoven from a Mozart from a Haydn

In fact the most famous classical composer is John Williams by a wide margin.
Page 1 of 2