After years of not playing, I'm getting back into playing/writing/recording as and when work commitments allow. With new projects (band and solo) in the works, a new rig is in order due to only having a cheapish practice rig.

Current rig:
Various mid range ibanez guitars
Blackstar HT5R half stack
No pedals bar a tuner

I'm in the market for something new, at least an amp and any pedals i may want. The budget i've set aside for this is around 3k ( excludes cabling ) and this is what im currently thinking:

Amp:
Blackstar series one 1046L6 head
Blackstar series one 412 cab

Pedals:
Pedal board
Isolated power supply
Blackstar HT valve boost
Chorus ( Boss CH-1 )
Compressor ( Boss CS-3)
EQ ( Boss GE-3)
Delay ( Boss DD-3 or MXR carbon copy )
Reverb ( as the series one amps don't have it inbuilt )
Original cry baby wah
Fx loop switcher ( Boss ES-5 )

I play a range of different rock based music, including:
3 doors down
Dishwalla
Breaking benjamin
Killswitch engage
All that remains
Joe satriani (only a few tracks)
Immanu El
La dispute
Foo fighters

Is there anything else that you would recommend or alteratives to what I've chosen?
Quote by Abes_Betrayal
Chorus ( Boss CH-1 )

MXR Analog Chorus is worth checking out. Probably quite similar in many ways, but options are always good to have.

Quote by Abes_Betrayal
EQ ( Boss GE-3)

Do you mean the GE-7? I'm not aware of a GE-3. Anyway, MXR have 6- and 10-band options and my EQ of choice is an Ibanez GE9, which has been out of production for about 30 years but works as well as any graphic EQ and, possibly more importantly, can sometimes be had for significantly less (and, to be fair, sometimes for significantly more) than the Boss or MXR options. Mine cost me £25, or about $35, in an eBay auction.

Quote by Abes_Betrayal
Delay ( Boss DD-3 or MXR carbon copy )

I think it's worth reflecting on what you want from your delay for this one - broadly speaking for crystal clear repeats that you can use to give the impression of playing more notes than you actually are digital works better, while for general ambiance analog may be preferred. Both of those are pretty strong contenders in their respective categories. Way Huge also has the Aqua-Puss and Echo-Puss for about the MXR's price which are really tasty analog delays with different levels of adjustability. You might also consider something with a tap tempo, which is really useful to have if you want your delay to be synchronised with the music.

Quote by Abes_Betrayal
Reverb ( as the series one amps don't have it inbuilt )

TC Electronic Hall of Fame is the one I always see people talking about on here, so that'd be a good starting point. Otherwise, you could always grab yourself one of these

Quote by Abes_Betrayal
Original cry baby wah

Other wahs will give you a lot more to play with, such as various Morley models (I forget specifics, since I've never owned one), the 535Q or, on a budget, the Ibanez WD7. But of course ultimately a Cry Baby sounds the way you want a Cry Baby to sound (If I recall correctly, the "Original" model still has a bypass with a less-than-ideal effect on your sound, but they're easily modded).
Check out the TC electronic flashback for delay
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
If you need more than a general delay tone, I highly recommend something with multiple presets that are easily selectable. That's what I use my flashback 4 for. I have the x4 AND the mini, both are great. the mini doesnt have tap tempo, but you can set a tempo by strumming.

The real selling point is tone print. not only can you load up premium tone prints easily, you can plug it in to a computer and edit your own prints very easily. I was going to sell my Flashback mini until I realized I could turn it into a chorus pedal based on the TriChorus. now it's never leaving my board.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
So it might be that i look at 2 delays, one for a general tone and the other for a configurable delay for whatever echos may be wanted for a riff.

One thing i have been considering is a loop station or similar so i can put down a riff on loop then work on solos or lead lines over the top. Sticking with boss is the easy choice but what are others like?
Let me ask this: are you looking for inexpensive and reliable but possibly limited, or are you looking to experiment? Or are you doing a bit of both? Is this board going to be doing a bit of traveling?

Because Boss pedals may not be the be-all, end-all of pedals, but they're easy to find/replace, are dependable, generally compact, and take a beating. Their pedals show up on pro boards for a reason.

But they're not necessarily going to deliver tones outside of the mainstream. They may not deliver the best tone in a given category of effects. That's why you see all those exotic/ pricier ones floating around. Which means, of course, when/if something goes wrong, they can be a devil to replace on short notice or with a tight budget.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
That's a decent, but old-school setup.

A traditional pedalboard involves a lot of individual points of failure (every power connection, every internal connector and every cable). It's nearly impossible to engage more than one effect at a time and nearly impossible to tweak them in the middle of a song (to reduce the amount or style of delay, or to change the EQ, for example). Add up your entire outlay for that pedalboard and consider how much you've spent. Then take a good look at the better multi-fx units on the market, and the fact that you can save settings in user presets and change everything on every effect with a single stomp.

I'm no longer using my 4x12s. They weigh too much, for starters. They have crappy dispersion. They beam treble above 500Hz on axis ("ice-pick" for an audience member who wanders into the zone) but sound completely different to the oblivious guitar player who's way off-axis. And then they sound completely different again when close-miked. Aside from stage decoration, there's not much point to them and a lot of negatives.

Just before I got my current rig, I was using ported 2x12s with a pair of tweeters. The tweeters weren't there to add treble; just to distribute it so that everyone heard the same thing. The cabinets were designed/ported/sized for a pair of Eminence Delta 12 ProA speakers. In addition to being very good guitar speakers, they handle up to 400W each and in those cabinets, were good down to 52Hz (most guitar speakers roll off above 100hz), and when I wanted bottom end, it was there. They were lighter than the 4x12s and less bulky (easier to haul up stairs and toss into a car), but I could push LOTS more power through them. I also had them sprayed with LineX, a pickup truck bed coating. Tolex makes no sense when this bedliner stuff comes in colors and can take brutal handling and still look new. Tolex rips, peels dings, etc. Not the LineX. It's nearly structural, it's so tough.

I originally ran an all-tube 100W power amp through them, but since I was using my multi-fx as a preamp as well, I eventually bumped that in favor of a 1500W power amp (up to 800W into a single cabinet, 1500W into both). The extra power produced cleaner bottom end at gigging volumes, it cost less than the 100W tube amp and it only weighed 9 lbs (the lightest 100W tube power amp you find will run about 25 lbs).

So at that point, my rig was the multi-fx, the solid state power amp, and either one or both of the 2x12s. It was smaller, lighter, had fewer wires and connectors, quicker to set up, and it could blow a 100W Marshall off the stage. And it had a LOT more options for sound.

These days the big change has been to a new speaker system that weighs about 45 lbs per cabinet (the major change there was to neo-magnet-based speakers and secondarily to a different kind of construction). Two of them are coated with Arytech's Duratex coating. It's a textured coating that comes in almost any color and looks like tolex. It's not as tough as LineX, but lots lighter. You'll find it on most pro audio gear these days. The ProA speakers in the 2x12s had 16-lb magnets, these have magnets listed in ounces. The newer lighter cabs will handle up to 900W of power. Each.