I was hoping to get some guidance regarding guitar stools.

As a player, I am somewhere between beginner and intermediate. I am a middle-aged guy, so I typically like to sit in a chair to practice.

I have been having difficulties with Emaj7 and Emin7-shape bar chords (like so many others) and it seemed to be physically impossible due to large bony knuckles on my #1 finger (kept buzzing the D-string). I looked on forums all over the internet, tried every hint I could find (even a band-aid between my index finger knuckles).

Then I tried standing up and I could instantly play E-7 shapes all the way up the neck.

Has anyone else had this problem (or similar) and found that a proper stool (instead of a church basement folding chair) helped?

Thanks in advance for your helpful responses.
It's technique. When sitting down your guitar is sitting higher. If that's harder to play then you need to sort out your fingering technique.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
A new stool won't fix bad technique. I can play as well on a computer chair as I can on a sofa or even standing up. Don't look for excuses.
Quote by Cathbard
It's technique. When sitting down your guitar is sitting higher. If that's harder to play then you need to sort out your fingering technique.

Try standing up and getting your fingers in position. Play it cleanly and keep playing it whilst trying to sit down, it's going to feel awkward but you'll take away the information you need about how your body transitions its arms and finger muscles into a different body shape (sitting down). Once you know the difference you can even accommodate for it or just simply shift how you hold yourself in a chair when playing that chord, it's not uncommon for beginner/intermediate players to have a certain way to 'sit' to play specific things.

Once you move into the advanced bracket that's when you start being able to play pretty much anything anywhere, it's more about muscle memory and where to put those muslces as opposed to talent!
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.