Hey guys.

There's probably already a thread about this but I couldn't find it. Feel free to link it. So I've recently been jamming in Drop F# tuning and I love it, so does anybody know any good drop F# songs?
I don't get why people love tuning down to notes that are so far beyond the frequency response of their speakers. Guitar speakers have enough trouble putting out the low E note as it is.

To answer your question, there really aren't a lot of people using drop F#. I think Varg used to use Drop F (though it might have been F standard). F# standard is the standard tuning of an 8 string, but drop F# is not very popular. I guess after drop G on seven strings, people just give up and get an 8.

Though why does the song have to be in drop F#? You can play any key in any tuning. A D chord or a G chord (the notes, not the shape) is the same regardless of tuning.

Also I'm wondering why you like F# so much rather than F or G or A. It seems very arbitrary to some extent. And if you were insistent on playing only songs recorded in a certain tuning, you would have greater success with drop E, G, Ab, or A than with F#.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by stefan_771
Hey guys.

There's probably already a thread about this but I couldn't find it. Feel free to link it. So I've recently been jamming in Drop F# tuning and I love it, so does anybody know any good drop F# songs?

So you like the tuning but don't know any songs that use it? Sounds kind of strange to me. As said above, why exactly drop F#?

You can play any song in any tuning, so just play the songs you know in drop F# and see how it sounds like. But I would decide my tuning based on the song, not decide the songs I want to play based on my tuning.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115