Page 1 of 2
Do you tell people (like friends/family/wife/girlfriend/kids/etc) that you love them? Or are you an emotionally distant dork?
Quote by bradulator
Or are you an emotionally distant dork?
Or maybe you're so emotionally insecure that it isn't an unspoken thing for you.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I'm an emotionally distant dork

The only one I'll say that too right now is my gf but I'll tell my kids that I love them too if I have them since I feel like that's important and something that I never really got as a child
no
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

emotionally distant dork

it's weird because I feel like I have a much harder time saying it to my family even though I do love them. Old habits I guess. Trying to be more open with that stuff though.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I think the real question is: what is love?
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
Are you okay Brad?
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I tell everyone I love 'I love you' whenever I can
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
It's an annoying pleasantry, IMO. I prefer the Indian culture's way of going about that regarding having to say "please" or "thank you" with your fam/friends (at least with one of my closest friend's family); it's already implied so stop being a dork and/or butthurt at demands/etc.

When a parent/grandparent says it, I'll say it back in a heartfelt way. When a friend says it ending a call or something, I'll get dorkishly-inept post-ironic "uh, hah hah, love you too heh *smiley*". And when I'm drunk it's said multiple times to them like I'm never going to say it again. But I was raised right, and don't need the reassurance, (and am more quality > quantity), and saying that to one of my brothers would be weird and unnatural for both of us. Best if it's implied.
also, I feel love for everyone, family and any friend, no matter how close friends we are. I have no problem admitting that to myself.

but I don't verbally say it ever and so try to show it in other ways, eg over the top gift giving or helping them with anything they need at the drop of a hat.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I say it to my mom, sisters, brother, nieces and nephews. I only say it to friends after those rare heart-to-heart moments, or after lots of drinking
whenever I hear it, it sounds so insincere. The only person I say it to routinely is my grandmother, because I'm her favorite grandchild haha
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
Just some friends and my grandmother, and it's not "I love you" but "I really like you" or "I adore you" but that's mostly because over here "I love you" is pretty strong and usually destined to boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse/whatever-you-get-the-point, so it kinda feels weird to say it to other people.

I usually hug the people I like, which is my way to say "I love you".
It goes without saying. Saying stuff like that feels cheap anyway, it's better to express it with actions.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by Cardbored at #33970385
It goes without saying. Saying stuff like that feels cheap anyway, it's better to express it with actions.

nah there's something special about saying it
When I tell people I love them, I make an effort to mean it beforehand. There are loads of people who use the words but are still emotionally distant dorks.
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
Anyways

Quote by seventh_angel
Just some friends and my grandmother, and it's not "I love you" but "I really like you" or "I adore you" but that's mostly because over here "I love you" is pretty strong and usually destined to boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse/whatever-you-get-the-point, so it kinda feels weird to say it to other people.

I usually hug the people I like, which is my way to say "I love you".

This

In spanish there is some difference between "Te quiero" (I like you) and "Te amo" (I love you). If you say "te amo" to a friend then you are gonna get some weird looks.
Though I do love my family and "quiero" my friends very much, so if there's a situation where it's natural to say so I would.

I generally do have some gusts of love towards certain family members (specially my grandma), but when I do I prefer to call her, or treat her nice, listen to her, show warmth towards her, etc, instead of just saying "I love you". Personally it feels better for me, and I believe it shows and makes the uttering of the word "love" unnecessary, like my friends Gary and Nuno kindly showed us in the previous video
I usually leave out the "I". it sounds like I'm telling them but they don't know who I'm relaying the message from
I tell my mom and some other family members, but "I love you" is pretty hard for me to say, and it even took a long time to get where I am now with it.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Pastafarian96 at #33970368
+1

especially to my SO :3
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
I grew up in an immigrant family w all brothers so yeah haha we didn't say shit like "I love you"

now I kind of force it on my family and they seem to really appreciate when I do it. I also hug my family a lot now and they seem to like that too. I also try to tell my friends I love them when I can (more to people who seem more comfortable, but I still slip it into heartfelt conversations or tough times with my more shy friends) and it is a nice moment. still feels awkward saying it to my brothers and dad, but it's gotten a lot easier since we've been trying it more. I say it to my mom whenever we get off the phone now; we never used to growing up. I say it probably 1000x times a day to my husband. I tell my mentors "I love you, thank you" usually the last day I am professionally involved with them (it feels unprofessional before that unless they know my family or something)
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I'll say "love ya" to my parents. Sounds too formal with the "I" in front. I can't remember ever saying it to my brothers or sister. That's not really how we talk to eachother, but we know it's there.

I'll say it to friends or other family members too but it's usually in a half joking half serious sort of way. Never a heart to heart kind of thing.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I'm a dork, I never said it to my last girlfriend and we dated for a little while
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

My Mom, wife, kids, and grandkids yeah, friends Dad, brother etc. no, not saying there is anything wrong with it but the men in my family (my age and older), just don't say it to each other, we know it's there and don't need to say it.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Ablast
I think the real question is: what is love?

Baby don't hurt me....Don't hurt me, no more....
nobody has ever told me those words lol

ive only said to my dog though. if i died tonight nobody would even notice except my managers cause theyd need to hire someone new
I was adopted.
So to my adoptive mother no, never, because she is a huge cvnt.
To by biological mother, sister, nieces, I say it all the time
I say it to my mother and father but imo it's not something that needs saying, so I mostly say it in reciprocation.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Pastafarian96

ye

that said, my best friend (legit light of my life tbh) and certain people with whom my relationship's been largely online hear it most; for the most part it's rarer with friends i know mainly irl
I say "I like you" cause in my language "I love you" implies sexual, romantic love, which is not something I want to say to my relatives...no incest around here.
no, 'ljubim te' has a strictly non-platonic meaning

if i said it to a friend i'd be confessing feelings for them and if i said it to my mom or dad i'd just be fucked in the head

'rad / rada te imam' meaning 'i care for you' could be exchanged with my parents but not like in casual conversation. if i said it to my friends it would imply a non-platonic relationship.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Page 1 of 2