Ok so I like playing with .09s because they're so much easier to play and I personally don't buy into thicker strings sounding better. What I would like to know is, are there any string manufacturers that make .09s but with a thicker low E for drop D? I know they make light top/ heavy bottom but I don't want the A and D strings to be any thicker. Please forgive me if this has been asked. I did look and did not see it posted before but I may have missed it.
There are websites where you can order custom sets or even single strings. You might also email some of the manufacturers.

http://www.juststrings.com

http://www.stringsandbeyond.com
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 15, 2016,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
There are websites where you can order custom sets or even single strings.

This. Or just get 10-52s. I literally can't feel the difference until I get up to 12s.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
This. Or just get 10-52s. I literally can't feel the difference until I get up to 12s.

I could, so I changed back
Thank you so much. I never thought to look online to buy a single string. That completely solves my problem and I'm so excited for this! I really can't thank you enough for solving a problem my lack of resourcefulness caused. Stig thank you for your input as well but 10s just are just uncomfortable. I used them for a while but when I bought .09s to practice bent vibrato it was so much easier I couldn't get myself to buy .10s again. Again, thank you, especially for the speed of your responses.
D'Addario EXL125 (9-46) worked well for me on a Les Paul scale length. Hell, I used 9-42 more often - without any problems
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
i don't think that a thicker 'D' and "A" string would really matter a lot. i would do the light top heavy bottom thing.

i also don't think that going to drop D is worth using a different string for.

that is just me.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have tried skinny top/ heavy bottom but don't like that either. Also I have a digitech drop tune pedal which allows me to shift the pitch in halfstep increments. So, in standard I can drop to Eb with the push of a button or I can go from drop D to C# or C or B etc. I just want the one string because I love .09s but when I drop the low E to D the tension is too greatly reduced. Also, I play a PRS S2 CU24 so my scale length is 25" fwiw. Btw, that pedal is awesome and you all should check it out, seriously.
I'd just buy the single string. If you don't like thicker A & D strings, don't use em.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Ok so I just had a thought. Since I will still be playing in standard a lot, will the much higher tension of a.052 tuned to E cause my neck to twist?? D'addarios webistite has a .052 tuned to E at 21 lbs which is considerably higher than all the other strings in a set of .009s tuned to standard.
No it won't.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
You're stressing over the gauge way too much. Just check the relief after changing string gauge and adjust the truss rod accordingly. I don't know why a 46 isn't big enough for you. You have a 25" neck.
I went from 9-42 to 12-56 on one of my slide guitars tuned into open e and didn't need to adjust shit.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i don't think that a thicker 'D' and "A" string would really matter a lot. i would do the light top heavy bottom thing.

i also don't think that going to drop D is worth using a different string for.

that is just me.

I agree. 9-42's don't cut it, but moving up to 10's seems to be a sweet spot. Personal preference at the novice end, I'm leaning toward 10 gauge sets and those seem to do fine from Drop D to Drop C and 7-string sets while running Drop A. I know Guitar Center sells individual strings, and for something so cheap, I'd try local shops first.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer