Hello,

I have Schecter Guitar and there is an annoying trembling noise (not fret buzz) when I pluck G string around 12-19 frets on neck pick up with Tone knob all the way up on distortion. (Sample Noise)

One solution was to lower the neck pickup height, but still getting some trems. Other solution was to set Tone to zero and it works perfectly although not ideal solution.

Any suggestions? May be solder capacitor in the Tone knob? Replace with better pickups?

Thank you.
Have you tried a different amp, different guitar through same amp? It might indicate these notes trigger the natural harmonic response of a component of the guitar/amp or an object in the room.
Maybe just the magnet in the pickup pulling on the string creating that vibrato effect? To be honest I quite like it, I often use the whammy bar to create a similar effect. You could try different pickups if it really bothers you though.

Just read the comments on your YouTube video and youve already solved it *facepalm*
Last edited by WhammyBarAbuser at May 16, 2016,
I tried different guitar on the same amp at the guitar center and they also made such sound (but in lower magnitude). I will have try again on different amp this time and confirm it's the amp.
maybe its something in the bridge. I had a guitar that made this weird harmonic sound when you plucked the G string around the 11th fret. it was some kind of resonance in the mass block.
Quote by WhammyBarAbuser
Maybe just the magnet in the pickup pulling on the string creating that vibrato effect?

Yup, and my advice to fix it is to lower that side of the pickup just a little bit.
Not taking any online orders.