Some people call them tech death, but I hear a very obvious black/thrash influence. Perhaps a very strange album to some, hopefully you can appreciate it for the overall package: A collective of technical thrash riffs with biting tone accompanied, a snarl that will rip your face off, and orchestral interludes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc_beCzGi-A

Thoughts?

Listen to that face ripping solo. The oozy mid paced riffs create this distinct nightmare esque atmosphere, the vocals and synth serve to compliment the feeling. Sadist are deadly.
Pretty good album, Above the Light. Only familiar with the other albums from very basic listens and nothing else. Above the Light has some pretty damn good Italian feels to it with heavy nods to Suspiria, Goblin etc. Wonderfully colorful murder music. Everything tends to be very moody as well rather than most Death Metal crushing tendencies. I can recommend the album for sure. Love the classic horror references throughout. Great bass playing.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
The motif in the Sadist track is given some fancy ass treatment.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
That self titled track has some the cleanest sounding guitar playing I've ever heard.

Pertaining to Goblin, I am pretty sure they got The keyboardist from Goblin on one of Sadist's albums. Good ears on that, Italians really love their gloomy horror movie synth. This album a testament to that. One of my favourite eadpects of Italian metal in general.
Recommended threads
Urfaust
Dirtydeeds468
Last post:
by Emenius Sleepus