So in the past few weeks I have gotten a couple of new guitars.
First up is a .strandberg* Boden OS7. It is amazing. Chambered swamp ash body, flame maple top, 5pc maple/rosewood neck with endurneck profile and rosewood board w/ SS frets, EMG 707x pickups. It plays and sounds amazing. It is also perfectly balanced and weighs only 5lbs.

Next up is a Suhr Modern Satin. This thing is an amazing player and pure tone machine. It can do it all from single coil spank to hard rock to all out metal. It has an African mahogany body and neck with rosewood board and SS frets. It has Suhr's SSV and SSH+ pickups and they are amazing. It is light and resonant. Only weighs 6.5lbs. Amazing guitar.

ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Last edited by yellowv at May 17, 2016,
Nice! Those look quite amazing.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
Nicely grained wood! Did you pick the lumber or did they?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Loving the grain and natural look to the guitars! Many congrats your way! I have been GASing for a Suhr for a while, just have to bring myself to save up the cash.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Those are beautiful guitars man and serious pieces of kit! HNGD x2

The top on the Boden is crazy
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Damn, those are nice. Loving the no-frills look on the Suhr. The Boden looks great as well. HNGD!
Dude you better triple lock your doors That's some serious money right there.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
Those look awesome (especially the first one, where's the headstock and tuners?)
Those are beautiful! Loving the natural finish on them.

HNGD!
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Thanks guys. These are both production guitars so I just got lucky with nice pieces.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
The Strandbergs and the Carvin/Kiesel headless guitars are making more and more sense to me.

I like your Strandberg's body shape for seated playing, but I also appreciate the Kiesels because they allow you to lean the guitar without a stand. Apparently both are doing 7 & 8-string and fan fret (multiscale) guitars these days, and both are apparently offering some nice woods. It might come down to the fact that the Kiesels are neck-through construction, or it may mean that one of both will be necessary...
I have owned both. .strandberg* IMO is far superior in every was including customer service.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Quote by yellowv
I have owned both. .strandberg* IMO is far superior in every was including customer service.

What Carvin did you have? New? I don't remember ever having had an issue with their customer service, and the quality on the half dozen guitars (and one bass) I have has been impeccable. What strikes you as "far" superior? Given the Strandberg's a VERY recent purchase for you, what have you dealt with in terms of their customer service?
Last edited by dspellman at May 18, 2016,
Quote by Parac
Those look awesome (especially the first one, where's the headstock and tuners?)

There's no headstock. The strings run through the tuners at the bridge and lock behind the nut.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by dspellman
What Carvin did you have? New? I don't remember ever having had an issue with their customer service, and the quality on the half dozen guitars (and one bass) I have has been impeccable. What strikes you as "far" superior? Given the Strandberg's a VERY recent purchase for you, what have you dealt with in terms of their customer service?

I got a 6 string Vader in a trade that was a super guitar. It made me want a 7. I ordered a Vader 7 and after a month of delays it arrived with numerous finish issues and crooked side dots. Throughout the whole thing Kiesel acted like by fixing it they were doing me a favor by fixing it. Any time I would ask for an update (every few weeks) they would literally tell me that I was holding up the process (Jeff Kiesel himself). After about a month and a half they refinished the guitar yet refused to admit the clearly crooked side dots were an issue. Being totally unhappy with the build I asked if I could exchange it for another Vader 7 they had in stock. When my rep put me on hold to ask Jeff they raised the price of the guitar I wanted by $400 and said it was a pricing error and they could do the exchange but wouldn't honor the price they had posted. I then asked for a refund and was refused because my guitar had a super minor and totally unrelated option 50. I started a stink online and finally got a refund, but that was a 5 month ordeal and turned me off bad enough from Kiesel that I got rid of my perfect 6 string Vader.

On the other side of the coin I originally ordered an 8 string Boden from .strandberg* after a week or so I decided I wasn't getting along with it and wanted the 7. I got prompt and friendly responses from Ola Strandberg himself and his main guy Ed Yoon. They contacted me and took care of the exchange with no issue whatsoever all while both of them were in China on a business trip. The day Ed got back he hand picked this OS7 for me, sent pics and got it out that day.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500