If it's classy enough then I might.

I'd wait at least 3 weeks or more before shooting them one though because by then they usually give you your answer.

Probably wouldn't pester before though. Just apply, have a talk and see how it goes.
Unless you just feel that way because direct communication is a necessity for applying to the job. In which case, it's fine, don't worry about it. You have to do the same thing every applicant has to.
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 17, 2016,
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Keep pestering them until you get the answer you want to hear.
Ask at interview when you'll likely to hear back from them as to if you've been successful, call back a day after that date

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Fat Lard
Say you've been very tenacious, almost to the point of pestering, and you know for a fact that the person can tell you're very driven for the position.

Do you?

In some lines of work - I'd say persistence will show to be beneficial. Sales positions and revenue stream generation positions would likely benefit from perseverance.

For more grind-type roles, I wouldn't think persistence would be much more than a general annoyance to the hiring manager. Contact every 2 weeks before interview to inquire about availability of the spot, and every 2 weeks post interview to find out otherwise.

Beyond that - just keep your head down and fire out 6 applications every Saturday. Or, that's been my strategy.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
Quote by TobusRex
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Keep pestering them until you get the answer you want to hear.

The empty can rattles the most.

Bother them too much they may assume that you are a douche
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at May 17, 2016,
Quote by dPrimmy
In some lines of work - I'd say persistence will show to be beneficial. Sales positions and revenue stream generation positions would likely benefit from perseverance.

For more grind-type roles, I wouldn't think persistence would be much more than a general annoyance to the hiring manager. Contact every 2 weeks before interview to inquire about availability of the spot, and every 2 weeks post interview to find out otherwise.

Beyond that - just keep your head down and fire out 6 applications every Saturday. Or, that's been my strategy.

Lol Saturday.

Apply on Monday or Tuesday.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
In more antiquated times? I'd agree with you.

In a more modern time - it would appear that HR systems grab applications, scan for buzz words, digitally determine whether the candidate is suitable for the position, and once enough have been identified - close the application period and start interviews. This would make the day you apply less dependent on whether your resume lands on someone's desk and more on whether your resume is written to the job description.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius