Hey guys,

I just purchased the epiphone les paul matt heafy signature model and its absolutely fantastic however in the certificate of authenticity there is no serial number printed. Seems strange to me is this just an mistake?

Do you have pictures of the rest of the guitar?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Who/Where did you purchase it from?
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Purchased from musos corner in australia nsw.

Edit***
Fretboard is a much darker ebony in person its just the light reflecting off it in the photo making it appear rosewoodish
Last edited by Gibz at May 17, 2016,
we're gonna need some closer pics to see if the guitar is legit, but is musos corner an actual store, or general area?

was the guitar sold as "new" or "used"?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Www.musoscorner.com.au they are a store. Guitar sold as new. Note in the photos below i have already removed the made in indonesia sticker and quality pass test round white sticker.

Quote by gregs1020
we're gonna need some closer pics to see if the guitar is legit, but is musos corner an actual store, or general area?

was the guitar sold as "new" or "used"?

Yeah closeup of the bridge and headstock would be nice. Back of the headstock as well.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Have you tried calling the shop or calling Epiphone and asking them about it? Maybe they can shed some light on why your COA is blank. That's pretty unusual.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Have you tried calling the shop or calling Epiphone and asking them about it? Maybe they can shed some light on why your COA is blank. That's pretty unusual.

Yeah its really weird ive watched unboxing videos and looked at countless photos and my guitar came packaged the exact same way and looks like it all checks out. Its midnight here now so i sent an email to the shop and will make some calls tomorrow.
Quote by Gibz at #33973154
Yeah its really weird ive watched unboxing videos and looked at countless photos and my guitar came packaged the exact same way and looks like it all checks out. Its midnight here now so i sent an email to the shop and will make some calls tomorrow.

It could've just been a slip-up somewhere down the line. Either way, hopefully it works out for you and you can get that COA sorted.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
maybe they just forgot to fill it in? i mean, everything looks legit to me, but i'm no epi expert. i just unboxed countless of them when i worked in a shop. i want to say all the sig guitars we got in with certs had the numbers on them.

parwaui (always spell that wrong) knows about all there is to know epiphone and he'll chime in here at some point.

my guess, is since it was new at a shop, it's probably legit. but that's not much to go on. looks nice.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
It plays great and sounds great but its a bit of an annoyance paying so much money as a fan of and guitar player to have potentially received a fake item.

Ill definitely be following up with epiphone and the shop itself and see what happens. In the mean time though ill be playing the shit out of it haha.
From what I see, you have no reason to worry. The guitar looks totally legit.

You can write the SN into the COA yourself if you want.

I've played the Matt Heafy. I think the carved out neck heel makes it pretty much the most desirable LP that's currently made apart from the 60's Tributes.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 17, 2016,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
From what I see, you have no reason to worry. The guitar looks totally legit.

You can write the SN into the COA yourself if you want.

I've played the Matt Heafy. I think the carved out neck heel makes it pretty much the most desirable LP that's currently made apart from the 60's Tributes.

Totally agree i thought after reading some reviews it was more of a "fan" guitar but it really does feel great to play and that carved out access part of the neck is perfect for getting up to the higher frets.