so this just came across my news feed. there's a guy's butt in the beginning so fair warning.

and watching that trailer the show seems pretty enjoyable if you're into the emotional stuff. i'm not but i get it. but it raises a few points to me.

they seem to be going with a much more realistic feel, compared to other shows of course. but then i need to ask myself, is it even realistic beyond the comparisons? or is it really just as exaggerated and dramatized like everything else, but loaded with so many "real-life" elements that it feels like you're watching something more like a documentary?

for example, all the main characters are pretty. even the obese lady is pretty. real people mostly do not look like that.

another example, do people really tell their long-lost fathers "screw you" then have an instant change of heart?

these kind of stories do happen, but not as often as we would like to think- and nothing this extraordinary often happens to us. by comparison, our lives seem meaningless and boring.

and do people really not know when they are having triplets now adays? or did the producers decide to keep the audience in the dark (not sure why they thought that would work, the wife's stomach was huge in the intro) by also keeping the main characters in the dark?

and speaking of that, who really does the sexy time with their pregnant wife?
---
so this kind of brings up another point to me. it seems like our lives are so boring, drab, morose, etc. that we need interesting, exciting forms of entertainment to compensate. which is not inherently bad, but a large majority of what entertainment we consume is film in some degree. t.v. shows, movies, etc. we get so wrapped up in fantasy worlds to forget about our own worlds. when you walk out of a good movie theater, it does not really feel good- back to the old grind.

so the question i have to ask myself is, what can i do to make my life interesting and exciting in of itself? rather than enveloping myself in other fake people's lives, or even drinking to forget my sorrows, what can i do now to make my life as good or better than the fantasy worlds i wish i was involved in?
Last edited by Will Lane at May 17, 2016,
I don't know about almost anything else you wrote, but I watched the video and how is that a trailer? It gave away the ending to every story in whatever it was meant to be.
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
I don't know about almost anything else you wrote, but I watched the video and how is that a trailer? It gave away the ending to every story in whatever it was meant to be.
that is how i felt about bats vs supes
Quote by Will Lane at #33973176
that is how i felt about bats vs supes

Yo I still haven't seen that.

Also the new Star Wars.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Yo I still haven't seen that.

Also the new Star Wars.

New SW is OK. Unless you're a proper jakey bastard, and need the money for meth/Super T instead, it's worth the cost of the DVD.
Quote by slapsymcdougal at #33973179
New SW is OK. Unless you're a proper jakey bastard, and need the money for meth/Super T instead, it's worth the cost of the DVD.

I'm sure I'll watch it at some point. I just never feel the need to watch it right away so I always put it off
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Will Lane
So the question i have to ask myself is, what can i do to make my life interesting and exciting in of itself? rather than enveloping myself in other fake people's lives, or even drinking to forget my sorrows, what can i do now to make my life as good or better than the fantasy worlds i wish i was involved in?

1) Stop indulging in consumption based media. When your day reads like the dayplan of a retirement community member, your day will be as interesting as that of a retirement community member. "I woke up, had coffee, took my morning poo, ate breakfast, went to work, came home, ate dinner, and spent the next 6 hours binge-watching consumption media on the tele." And if that's your everyday? That's as exciting as it will be. You need to do something story-worthy to get a factual storytelling experience.

2) Talk about your experiences. I thought my life was drab and boring until I started discussing my day-to-day with others and realized that they seemed interested in my (mis)adventures and experiences. Your assessment is likely to be an assessment of the bulk of your surroundings and the collective opinion of your peers. Stand out.

3) When others find you exciting by sharing your experiences, you get asked to share the actual experiences. They compound on themselves and open opportunities to everyone you share life with.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
Quote by Will Lane
rather than enveloping myself in other fake people's lives, or even drinking to forget my sorrows, what can i do now to make my life as good or better than the fantasy worlds i wish i was involved in?
Drink for not that reason.
Quote by dPrimmy
1) Stop indulging in consumption based media. When your day reads like the dayplan of a retirement community member, your day will be as interesting as that of a retirement community member. "I woke up, had coffee, took my morning poo, ate breakfast, went to work, came home, ate dinner, and spent the next 6 hours binge-watching consumption media on the tele." And if that's your everyday? That's as exciting as it will be. You need to do something story-worthy to get a factual storytelling experience.

2) Talk about your experiences. I thought my life was drab and boring until I started discussing my day-to-day with others and realized that they seemed interested in my (mis)adventures and experiences. Your assessment is likely to be an assessment of the bulk of your surroundings and the collective opinion of your peers. Stand out.

3) When others find you exciting by sharing your experiences, you get asked to share the actual experiences. They compound on themselves and open opportunities to everyone you share life with.
i like this post
Quote by Will Lane
i like this post

Its a great way to pick friends too.

Someone interested in going out and experiencing life with you is someone you'll enjoy spending time with.

Someone who is willing to pass those experiences up to find out what happened on Sex in her Shitty, or Balding Brad, (or worse: Raid Night).... you might want to contact 1x a month so you can receive your obligatory birthday beers.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius