I buying an electric guitar but I want one with a very thin neck (or as thin as it gets).

I've been playing a classic guitar for a long time and I want something a little easier to navigate.

Any ideas on where I should start looking for thin necked electrics?
Ibanez guitars with "Wizard" necks are about as slender as they get. Still, others out there get pretty skinny, too. I know my Dean Cadillac and my Fernandes Ravelles are all pretty thin. So are certain Godins.

A usual telltale will be if the guitar is marketed towards shredders, who generally favor such necks.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by andrewh582
thank you. can you upvote people on this site?

No and thank goodness you can't. This isn't reddit.

Basically anything with a Wizard neck is going to be very, very thin.

What other features are you looking for in a guitar?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
It's my first electric so I just want something with a thin neck, sounds good (in the $200-$400 range), looks cool and won't fall apart after two or three years.
Do you mean narrow or flat profile, or both? If you've been playing classical, you might not like tiny necks, though if your fingers are small you can get used to just about anything. I've got small hands, and neck width doesn't bother me within reasonable limits (classical to skinny electric to chunky prewar), but neck profile does to some extent. You should get out and try a lot, not make any assumptions about what will work for you.

Most inexpensive guitars are pretty good these days, so get whatever appeals to you.
Again, Ibanez then
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
Okay, so after some research, I realized that something like an American Standard is what I'm looking for. I was confusing neck profile, and neck width. I have 200-300 to spend, and I won't be able to afford a real American Standard. What are some brands, models similar to the AS?
Quote by andrewh582
Okay, so after some research, I realized that something like an American Standard is what I'm looking for. I was confusing neck profile, and neck width. I have 200-300 to spend, and I won't be able to afford a real American Standard. What are some brands, models similar to the AS?
Mexican Standard?

Edit for more clarity:So you really want to look for a modern C neck profile.
Last edited by EyeballPaul at May 19, 2016,
Honestly, you should just go to a store and try some out. If you already know how to play, that will be the easiest way to figure out what actually fits in your hand.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by EyeballPaul
Mexican Standard?

That or a G&L Tribute of some kind.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
ESP/LTD too have pretty thin neck maybe you should give a look
-Esp Ltd Ec-1000 blk (EMG 60/81)
-Peavey vypyr vip 1
+1 on esp/ltd. ibanez might be too flat for what he's looking for. But +100 on going and trying out guitars in store.
I love my ibanez s series, and I think the neck is a little thinner then my ESP Ltd ax 260
Yeah I tried out the SA130 which was pretty awesome so I will probably go with that, just gotta get the dough which may take a few weeks. Thanks for all your help guys!!!
Quote by dantesblood
I love my ibanez s series, and I think the neck is a little thinner then my ESP Ltd ax 260

Yep, the S have a little thicker necks than the RG's and not so wide. More of a C, and so do LTD's. Both would be good choices.
Depending on where you are used MIJ Jackson's can be bought in the $250-$400 range great guitars, thin necks!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

My dean has a very thin neck. The same feeling Epiphone have.
Pretty nice feeling their nacks feel thin and sturdy.
200-300 bucks my opinion is save up more like (600-700) can get you a decent used one (prestige and stuff) I would save up for a decent stuff because IMO if you started off with bad stuff you gonna play it quite a bit of time then you will starting to think "I need a better,new guitar,gears and stuff) And you paying for it its pretty much an investment for your guitar skills
Last edited by joseph24 at May 28, 2016,