So I have a Mooer Shimverb Pro and a Corona Chorus in the effects loop of my 6505+ Head. When both pedals are engaged they work fine. When I turn the reverb off and just have the Chorus on, there's a huge volume drop to where you have to get right on the speakers to hear the sound and turning up post gain doesn't increase the volume. What's going on here?
Ibanez Art100 (DiMarzio Evo in bridge)
Epiphone Goldtop (SD Black Winters
6505+ Head
Avatar 2x12 (Eminence Gov/Swamp Thang)
Quote by AsOneIStand
So I have a Mooer Shimverb Pro and a Corona Chorus in the effects loop of my 6505+ Head. When both pedals are engaged they work fine. When I turn the reverb off and just have the Chorus on, there's a huge volume drop to where you have to get right on the speakers to hear the sound and turning up post gain doesn't increase the volume. What's going on here?

What order do you have the pedals?

I have the Corona and you have 2 options via internal dipswitches for true bypass or buffered.

The Corona works great at line volume in the loop of my Mesa - no tone or volume drop at all when on or off.

When increasing the post gain on the amp doesn't affect the volume somethings definitely wrong there.

What happens when you isolate the pedals, change cables, etc? I wouldn't think it would be an issue with the 12AX7 tube driving the loop but it's always a possibility I guess.

Something sounds like it's shorting out the entire signal.

What happens when you have the reverb on and the chorus off? Same for both off.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Check your cables. It may sound silly, but do it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/