I was walking down a highway and was struck by a car. Ever since this occurred, I get pain in my right leg. The pain usually occurs in extreme heat or frigid conditions, as well as extreme weather changes. I figure this pain is going to live on with me and I can deal with that but the weird thing is that I swear I can still feel the bumper of that car pressed against my calf muscle.

Has anyone in the pit ever experienced something like this? Also, does anyone know if there is a term for it?
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

sounds like nerve damage. try taking daily vitamin D 5000, which may help a little.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I ~kinda~ had something like that. As a kid, I tripped when running in the street and SLAMMED my shoulder into the curb. I went to the hospital and nothing was broken but it hurt so much I couldn't move it for days.

Running hard would cause my shoulder to hurt for years after. I haven't thought about that in a long time since it's gone away. Maybe yours will too?
Yep, few years ago I was stabbed in the shoulder by some freak. Looked like a fucking grim reaper. He spoke some weird language, I don't even know what he wanted. I guess money? Long story short he stabbed me before I could answer, fortunately my good friend (total badass) returned just in time, and the asshole and his friends got scared and ran.

Anyway, on the anniversary of the stabbing it hurts like hell it's super weird. I feel like it will never fully heal and I may have to leave, over the sea

Sam will be sad though
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Last edited by ElMaco at May 18, 2016,
Sounds like trauma of some kind.

People who get bitten by some spiders get the same annual reminder too.
Quote by ElMaco
Anyway, on the anniversary of the stabbing it hurts like hell it's super weird. I feel like it will never fully heal and I may have to leave, over the sea

Sam will be sad though

everyone needs a sam.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Serious injuries can be irritated by weather according to some. My previously dislocated right knee dislikes weather changes. I believe the feeling of the bumper is called 'phantom pain'. Some people who lose limbs will experience pains or itches on limbs that have been amputated. Weird, huh?
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Sounds like you need some physical therapy; often times with bodily impacts like that it can take quite a bit of time until the pain fully disappears/fully heals.

I was in a really minor car accident where we got rear-ended at something silly like 10-15 mph, but I was leaning forward and carrying something quite heavy with one hand (I was rearranging to hold it better, just bad timing) and it caused a fair amount of pain and numbness in my left shoulder. I took like a year and a half to feel 'right' again.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
It's the change in atmospheric pressure.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Well, once I jumped off a ledge and sprained both my ankles. Then, I proceeded to go Christmas caroling. That was years ago. Now, sometime when I run I get a sharp pain in my ankles.
"I feel like a one legged cat trying to bury a turd in a frozen pond."

DANMARK ØDELÆGGER ALLE
Changes in humidity, barometric pressure and temperature effect the small sacks of fluid that cushion the joints in your body these are called bursa. For the average person it usually does not cause pain or discomfort. This does however cause pain in older people as well as those who have suffered an injury this is known as bursitis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synovial_bursa

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bursitis

A trauma like that to your leg surely effected you knee joint and could possibly your hip and ankle as well.

I myself suffer from bursitis in my shoulders.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at May 19, 2016,
Was in a car accident a month before my 18th bday. Car accident was an offset head-on impact that totaled both light trucks. I somehow managed to death-grip the wheel tight enough to bend it. All parties involved walked away from the accident. No immediate care or hospitalization required.

14 years later, I still have control issues with my left hand. 99.995% of the time I'm able to use it normally. During periods of weather change, I'll feel like I'm gripping/grabbing/holding whatever is in my left hand - but there's no pressure on the item, and I just drop it. It's happened picking up glassware at dinner, in the weight room, and even while moving inside at a party while holding a beer. Totally frustrating.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
Quote by Xiaoxi
sounds like nerve damage. try taking daily vitamin D 5000, which may help a little.

Yeah, this.

I had a bad leg injury a couple years ago and because of the damage it caused to the nerves on the front of my leg I still get this feeling of my leg being twisted and crushed and numb. If it's not gone away after the first 6 months after it happened, then yeah you'll probably have it forever.
Quote by kabadi.man
I do get that in my damaged elbow too. As i sit behind a desk all day, I would often rest my chin on my left hand with my elbow on the desk, which would always result in a bout of Bursitis.
Took me a few years to make the connection and stop doing it, but ever since then, I haven't suffered with bursitis since (also called tennis elbow).

I used to aggrevate mine by laying on my stomach propped up on a pillow but also propped on my elbows this put pressure upwards on my shoulders. I figured it out and stopped doing that.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge