Been a long time guys - what's up? We need more build threads.

I decided last summer that I was gonna build a GSSL Stereo Bus Compressor. This is a clone of the ubiquitous Solid State Logic Quad Compressor, found in the SSL4000G and later SSL consoles. It's a VCA based compressor using THAT2180 8 pin VCAs as its source of gain reduction. Anyway, let's get to the fun part - pics.

Day 1: I got the kit! All my components, the PCB... everything minus the rack case.

Day 10: I finally got the resistors done. Resistors are a pain in the ass, folks. Reading color codes is annoying and a DMM without alligator clips is a royal pain.

Day 13: I finished stuffing the board! Gotta fix a couple of soldering blips before this thing will work right.

I was gonna keep going, but then school happened.

Fast forward 10 months and I'm right back at it, now with the rack case and everything. Still have to fix those soldering screwups, but they should be easy enough to do now. Also, in this pic I have the power transformer soldered wrong. Fixed that now. More pics to come as I get closer to operational.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Invader Jim
Very nice. Also I've noticed a lot of DIY-ers are using toroidal PTs now.

They're cheap, run relatively cool, and most importantly they're pretty small.

Oh also - I had a successful powerup yesterday!

Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last I checked (several years ago) toroidals were way more expensive than standard shell-type PTs (though from what I've seen they are better in basically every way). I wonder what the tone freaks have to say about it.

Congrats on the successful power-up. Any sneaky bugs yet?
Haven't gotten to start calibrating yet. Need a few XLRs for that lol.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden