Better than audioslave but going downhill their last 2 albums before the split.
song stuck in my head today

Quote by lbc_sublime
Better than audioslave but going downhill their last 2 albums before the split.

Out of Exile was pretty good, dawg. The last album was shit.
Quote by genghisgandhi
RAtM played a larger than I would like to admit part in shaping my musical tastes/worldview so I'm hyped

same
Quote by JustRooster
Out of Exile was pretty good, dawg. The last album was shit.

I didn't mean it was garbage just going down hill
song stuck in my head today

Quote by genghisgandhi
RAtM played a larger than I would like to admit part in shaping my musical tastes/worldview so I'm hyped

yeah, I was big into Rage back in 8th-10th grade or so, but I always kinda forget about them -- I would listen to them again, though -- maybe next time I go to the library I will see if they have the CDs so I can rip them to my computer.

back in '05 I woulda been psyched for new stuff, these days I could care less.
Quote by neidnarb11890
yeah, I was big into Rage back in 8th-10th grade or so, but I always kinda forget about them -- I would listen to them again, though -- maybe next time I go to the library I will see if they have the CDs so I can rip them to my computer.

back in '05 I woulda been psyched for new stuff, these days I could care less.

their stuff doesn't get old, I don't listen to it often but whenever I do I enjoy it just as much as I did back in the day
Quote by genghisgandhi at #33975740

this

i haven't kept up with their music, because i don't really need to
what i have listened by them so far has had a lot of influence on me, so if they can produce anything as good as their first studio album, i'll be happy to give it a listen
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by genghisgandhi
their stuff doesn't get old, I don't listen to it often but whenever I do I enjoy it just as much as I did back in the day

word yeah I dig the tunes. I just kinda fell-out with a lot of stuff I dug before I became a hepcat post-punker (some for good reason, others just happenstance).

they are devotees of the RIFF, I can get behind that.

maybe not so much the "che guevara, dude" thing anymore, though.
Quote by EyeNon15
I saw Rage Against the Machine get booed severly offstage in 1992.

lol why?
Rage is cool. I was never a huge fan or always agreed with their radical lefty lyrics, but I always appreciated them.

Tom Morello is a pretty underrated guitarist imo. He's not the greatest talent-wise, but he always had his own unique style of playing.
Quote by Rebel Scum
lol why?

They played Killing the Name at a KKK rally.
Quote by Rebel Scum
lol why?

It was a different time I guess.
They were opening for Jane's Addiction
The whole nu metal scene hadn't happened yet.
Ppl were confused with this rock band that has a dude trying to rap.
not listened to them in ages, always liked them tho. I remember helping make Killing in the Name the #1 christmas song years ago lol
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by steve_muse
not listened to them in ages, always liked them tho. I remember helping make Killing in the Name the #1 christmas song years ago lol

So you did what they told you?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
they had no idea about it actually #REBEL

Unless you mean filling up the pockets of a corporate label then yes i did exactly what theyd like
Quote by ErikLensherr

Last edited by steve_muse at May 20, 2016,
Quote by steve_muse
they had no idea about it actually #REBEL

In context 'they' are the people who organised the campaign to pay for Tom Morello's new *******, or whatever the point of it was.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Kinda think Rage Against the Machine should just call it a day if I'm honest, let us remember them fondly.

I mean, I may be wrong, they might come back and release a great new album, but I'm struggling to see how they're still that relevant. Politically I imagine back in the 90s they were seen as quite 'out there', which was part of their draw, but in this day and age (with social media and whatnot) I don't really see how they could say much that we haven't already heard.

Maybe I'm just not big enough a fan. I saw them when they headlined Reading festival back in 2008 and I mean performance-wise they were amazing, but musically I've never found them particularly mind-blowing and always thought they were a tad overrated.
Last edited by matt bickerton at May 20, 2016,
The point of it was to replace #fake x factor xmas single with some #REAL music

but like i said in my edit they were both owned by Sony or some shit so they were laughing either way
Quote by ErikLensherr

No bands ever call it a day, if there's still money to be made then they go on the road, every one.
Except for Led Zeppelin and that's only because Plant couldn't sing anymore.