i searched on it a bit and didn't find what i was looking for. i am not even sure where to put this.

anyways, i want to start making youtube demo videos. here is what i have:

Nikon DSLR that shoots 1080p video, and related bits.
focusrite 2i4 interface going into a nice computer (16gb ram and an i7 win 10 64bit), running reaper for a DAW
SM57s
KRK 6" studio monitors

what i want to do:

i want to record video, with audio coming from something for my voice, THEN use my SM57 into my interface for the sound coming out of the amp. that seems logical to me.

what should i do? could i get one of these; http://www.musiciansfriend.com/portable-field-recorders/zoom-h2n-handy-recorder

THANKS in advance sorry for the incoherent thoughts. i haven't slept in two days.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Can't you just use camera mic for your voice? It seems to me that you already have all the required gear for making demos. Also, go get some sleep.
the mic on the camera is disappointing to say the least, but its a DSLR, what do you expect. haha.

i did some research on mics that plug into the camera, and i have heard mixed things, the ones that are decent are coming up on the price of the zoom recorder thing. i think that i would use the zoom thing more often than just the the spoken word for videos. also i heard of people not liking the lack of control you have on the camera mic with levels and eq and stuff like that.

i am probably going to get the zoom thing.

one question though? how do you get that to match up with the video? is there special software? or what?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Since you already have the SM57, why not just use that for your voice?
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
the mic on the camera is disappointing to say the least, but its a DSLR, what do you expect. haha.

i did some research on mics that plug into the camera, and i have heard mixed things, the ones that are decent are coming up on the price of the zoom recorder thing. i think that i would use the zoom thing more often than just the the spoken word for videos. also i heard of people not liking the lack of control you have on the camera mic with levels and eq and stuff like that.

i am probably going to get the zoom thing.

one question though? how do you get that to match up with the video? is there special software? or what?

Well, if you want your videos to look and sound good, you will definitely need some video editor software.