While I was jamming today with my crappy old Squier Strat since my Les Paul is in the shop, I thought up an interesting, fun theoretical question for the guitarists on here:

Would you rather have the best guitar ever made (in your opinion) and have it paired with the worst amp ever, or would you rather have the best amp ever made and be forced to play it with the junkiest guitar ever created?

We're talking things like a bargain-basement, no-name 0.25W practice amp paired with an original '59 Les Paul Goldtop, OR the lowest, vilest, most high-actioned First Act plywood guitar plugged into a concert-grade Marshall stack.

So, what say you, fine people of Ultimate Guitar? What's the lesser of two evils?

Note: This isn't meant to hurt anyone's feelings or bash certain brands; it's just something to have fun with!
this has been done a dozen times.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Eh, if I HAD to pick one I'd take the nice guitar. If my guitar is a piece of shit I'm not gonna want to play it, no matter how glorious of an amp I have
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by TheAviator1997
an original '59 Les Paul Goldtop

A pretty abysmal choice for the "best guitar ever made"...

If we're genuinely talking "Worst", then I'd have to pick the good guitar and the crap amp, because the worst guitar ever made would be unplayable.
I did'nt think Gibson made Goldtops in '59?I thought they were sunburst from '58 to '60.I know there were goldtops with humbuckers in '57.I could be wrong.