Alright, in brief i have been using a behringer reverb machine for roughly half a year and now my mix knob cuts my signal when i move it from a cerntain spot. Folks, i think it is time for an upgrade. For this round of reverb i am going to need something that will fit in with a chapel worship setting. I have done my homework and I am now torn between the JHS Alpine reverb or the Fox Pedal Magnifica Plus. The Alpine seems to be able to do so much but the magnifica has amazing reverb tone and although it cant go 100% wet or dry like the alpine can, it sounds amazing with the feedback controls. The magnifica is a smaller unit and has 3 knobs compared to 5. I need help! I know the JHS seems like the obvious choice but the magnifica is something stranger than just your normal reverb. Any tips??
I know a lot of pedals, and there are lots of reverb pedals that will do the job & very well. I'm somewhat familiar with the Alpine, but not the Magnifica.

What's your budget and how did you settle on these 2 in particular?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
I like the idea of having two reverb "presets" (if you will) in one box. These are also not terribly priced on reverb. My budget is around $180. And both of these pedals i can get for that, the magnifia new and the alpine used.
good timing on your thread Kaitistewart !! ..... I been thinking of getting a reverb pedal for my Dual Rectifier , the only thing I miss from the MK V head that my recto head doesn't have ....

if you don't mind me asking ??.... what are your favorites reverb pedals Danny ??.... no budget at all for me but I still like incredible value over price .... might still help people interested in this thread
Well, off the top of my head...

I do like the JHS Alpine, FWIW.

They were well-built, but didn't sell too well: the Line6 ToneCore products had 3 standout modules, the Space Chorus, the Echo Park, and the Verbzilla. If you see one, they're worth considering.

The Keeley Aurora Reverb is relatively inexpensive, and delivers a lot of luscious tones for its price.

The DigiTech Polara looks like it should be pretty nice, but I haven't seen one up close. I think it merits a closer examination.

Among the pricier pedals, you have things like the Death By Audio Reverberation Machine, Dr. Scientist Reverberator, Walrus Descent, Blackout Effectors Cadavernous, and the knob-festooned Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport Sr. They're all going to give you a bunch of absolutely fantastic tones, and usually have some feature or quirk that you'll either love or hate.

Plus there's the snoot factor...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 22, 2016,
Only in my lusting heart!

By every indication, they're killers- some of the best there is at what they do.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Only in my lusting heart!.

LMAO .... that's alone is probably a good enough recommendation for me ...lol
Another tasty but inexpensive pedal is the Earthquaker Devices Levitation. Used, they're @$150.

The Catalinbread Topanga is nice too.

Somewhere here, there's a bigger thread about reverb pedals. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: found a few:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1676656&goto=nextnewest
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1685045
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1678142

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 22, 2016,