i am weirdly curious about this, but DON'T plan on doing this...

if you have a neck (lets say a strat) and you want to make it thinner couldn't you just sand the hell out of it with a belt sander to get the feel you like? why hasn't somebody done this? i realize that you couldn't do as much to the heel due to being lower in the neck pocket (well i guess you could shim it), as well as other constraints.

night crew, whaddaya think?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
thanks guys for humoring my curiosity.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup

if you have a neck (lets say a strat) and you want to make it thinner couldn't you just sand the hell out of it with a belt sander to get the feel you like? why hasn't somebody done this?

And of course, people have done this.

One of Jimmy Page's LPs famously has a shaved-down neck and has had for half a century. It's a bit tricky given the truss rod and all, but "been there, done that." He's certainly not alone in having shaved down a neck.
A lot of people have done that lol.
Don't use a belt sander on your neck though, 40 grit sandpaper should be good enough to finely shape the neck.
The main concern if you take off too much material would be hitting the cavity for the truss rod.
..I was watching my death.