soooo. yeah. this was one that i modded a few years ago, and it sounded good. it has sat unused until a few days ago, i am looking to sell it. however, the clean channel has this HIGH pitched hum (i am talking around like A8 or higher), varies with gain and volume.

the OD channel is fine.

i put new powertubes in yesterday, high pitch tone still there. i haven't tried pre's yet, but none are microphonic, and the OD channel is fine. i also cleaned all the jacks and tube sockets with deoxit.

worth mentioning, although it doesn't make a difference, i am running it at half power, outer two tubes pulled, at half impedance.

thoughts?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
swapped every tube, one at a time. it is only on the clean channel, varies just by the volume knob. when the knob is at "0" the noise isn't there, when the knob is at "10" the noise disappears. anywhere in the middle it is fucked.

what are the odds its the pot? i don't know what else it could be. i hope not, as those pots are impossible to find.

also the OD channel is just flat out fucking deliciously yummy. the mods did it good. i would like to fix this issue though. especially as i plan on selling the amp, and i can't until its fixed.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Have you've tried to clean the offending pot? Have you checked for bad connections - bum solder action? I can't remember... are the pots board mounted in the BV?

Your best bet might be to spray the piss out of the pot (with one of those pot cleaning caps things) with some deoxit and give the knob a good number of twists - and hope that the issue goes away.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Sounds like an effects loop issue. Try taking some electronics cleaner to the effects loop jacks and work a 1/4" jack in and out of the jacks then follow up with compressed air.