Page 1 of 2
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3602846/Pictured-Melbourne-university-lecturer-34-died-altitude-sickness-Mount-Everest-taking-climb-husband-prove-vegans-anything.html

A woman who died of altitude sickness while climbing Mount Everest took on the challenge to prove that 'vegans can do anything'.

Weeks before her death Dr Strydom told how she and her husband wanted to dispel the belief that vegans were 'weak' or 'malnourished' by taking on the climb. 'It seems that people have this warped idea of vegans being malnourished and weak.

'By climbing the seven summits we want to prove that vegans can do anything and more,' she said in an interview with the university where she worked.

MUH MEAT

Actually a pretty sad story. Everest is dangerous.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Mendiola's third law: Any discussion that remotely mentions vegetarianism will be met with people too eager to criticize the lifestyle choice and its practitioners, always about how vegans are pricks or some shit.
So.....don't climb Everest is the lesson?

The vegan part is kind of irrelevant.
Quote by kertets
Only losers post their opinions on the internet.
Quote by chrismendiola
Mendiola's third law: Any discussion that remotely mentions vegetarianism will be met with people too eager to criticize the lifestyle choice and its practitioners, always about how vegans are pricks or some shit.

I am more curious about the other two laws

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
i did laugh when i read the thread title
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
#dailymail
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Someone ought to keep track of Mt. Everest's #bodycount. As far as proving something, the only thing taking on this challenge says to me about people who do is that they have a death wish.
Free Ali
Quote by loumangroup at #33978781
Looks like shes not going to be lecturing anyone anymore on how Vegans arent weak

What'd I tell ya...
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
Someone ought to keep track of Mt. Everest's #bodycount. As far as proving something, the only thing taking on this challenge says to me about people who do is that they have a death wish.

According to Wikipedia, there are currently more than 200 bodies in the freezer currently on the mountain.
Quote by slapsymcdougal at #33978784
According to Wikipedia, there are currently more than 200 bodies in the freezer currently on the mountain.

Enemies slain = 200+
;|
Quote by chrismendiola

This article might interest you, concerning the death count and motivation.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20151008-the-graveyard-in-the-clouds-everests-200-dead-bodies
I'd put my life on the line to fight an imagined social construct too!

#cantdealwithdifferentopinions
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
She died while daring greatly, RIP tbh.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
What an idiot
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by loumangroup
Looks like shes not going to be lecturing anyone anymore on how Vegans arent weak

well of course not she died
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Obvious cosmic irony aside (dying because of common danger and not because of diet), overall a bit of a shame.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
A lot of people died on the Mountain recently, also a Dutch person.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by theogonia777 at #33978771
i did laugh when i read the thread title

yea
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by loumangroup

Yeah, because she lost her life, leaving behind her husband. She will not be "lecturing" anyone, because she is no longer alive. Her last moments were spent ill on a mountain while her husband ventured on without knowledge of the severity of her illness and her imminent death, and so her last moments were spent with strangers, and so I can confirm to you that she will no longer hold conversations you disagree with about her diet.
wouldn't it have just made more sense to lift heavy weights though
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Yeah, because she lost her life, leaving behind her husband. She will not be "lecturing" anyone, because she is no longer alive. Her last moments were spent ill on a mountain while her husband ventured on without knowledge of the severity of her illness and her imminent death, and so her last moments were spent with strangers, and so I can confirm to you that she will no longer hold conversations you disagree with about her diet.

yeah

Trying to turn this into an opportunity to be snarky about vegans, like Jesus take a look at yourself.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
wait, is erik actually being genuine for once or am i missing some form or sarcasm?

but ye, agre with ali

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Sincerity's the new post-post-irony 👍💯
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Can we get more thread titles like this in the pit pls? Quality, m8
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
lmao
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I wonder if it ever occurred to her that "hey, there's a good chance I may not survive this, so I may look like a fool trying to prove that vegans are no different". You'd think a professor would think things through
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
This was so satisfying to read
I mean we all know this was because she was a woman

typical of a woman to think herself capable of doing something impressive.
Quote by Banjocal at #33978966
I mean we all know this was because she was a woman

typical of a woman to think herself capable of doing something impressive.

should have stayed in the *******
Page 1 of 2