On amps without headphone jacks, can you use the fx send or preamp out instead?
No. Different signal levels and impedances. You might either fry the amp or the headphones.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Ive seen a lot of comments the say that the fx send signal is a line level output. If the headphones have the wrong impedance, maybe it could be run into a stereo with a headphone out.
some you can some you can't.

what are we talking about specifically?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
If you do, and nothing fries, it probably won't sound good. Much of an amp's sound comes from the power amp, cabinet, and speaker. You would be left with a very thin raspy sound.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
The simple answer is "Yes", you can do this. It's unlikely to harm anything (it won't hurt your amp, nor should it harm your headphones).

That doesn't mean it's a good idea. It will probably only sound in one side of the headphones and it's not likely to sound very good.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by trashedlostfdup
some you can some you can't.

what are we talking about specifically?

Nothing specifically (some dude's fender). I like to buy cheap junk and play with it. It's a bad habit. However i am building a bedroom level amp with a zero budget and it helps to know these things. Also its invaluable to bank this kind of knowledge when you are on stage and something fails. So thanks 20 years in advance
Last edited by geo-rage at May 25, 2016,
Quote by geo-rage
Nothing specifically (some dude's fender). I like to buy cheap junk and play with it. It's a bad habit. However i am building a bedroom level amp with a zero budget and it helps to know these things. Also its invaluable to bank this kind of knowledge when you are on stage and something fails. So thanks 20 years in advance

(as arby said) you will very likely only get a mono signal, and it won't sound good because there is no poweramp simulation.

it wouldn't hurt you or the amp.

even on a lot of amps with the headphone out, it doesn't sound very good because for the most part, they don't have a cab sim on there, or just a bad one. the three amps that i have them that at one point or another i have tried were a randall combo a long time ago, a ampeg hybrid combo (actually really nice amp).

remember if it is a tube amp, you would need a load connected though.

have fun with it! i am a tinkerer as well.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/