0 0%
Ibanez
0 0%
Gretsch
0 0%
Music Man
0 0%
Voters: 8.
What are your favorite guitar brands? Please leave a vote in the poll and comment of your favorite guitar brand! Mine are Gibson and Schecter!

(NOTE: If your favorite brand is not included in the poll, just state the brand in your post.)
2016 Gibson Les Paul Standard T (Tea Burst)
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 (Black Cherry)
2014 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pro (Honey Burst)
Last edited by NHRoccodog at May 22, 2016,
Hmmm...how about an option for "None of the above"/"Other"?

...'cause there's a whole big bad world of "Other" out there. You didn't even cover all the brands I can get at a Guitar Center or Sam Ash.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Hmmm...how about an option for "None of the above"/"Other"?

...'cause there's a whole big bad world of "Other" out there.
Oh darn it. I forgot to add that. How about if it's an other brand just state it in your post.
I'm not choosing any of them because different brands make different guitars that are better suited for some things than others. Choosing one would discredit the others that I like.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 22, 2016,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I'm not choosing any of them because different brands make different guitars that are better suited for some things than others. Choosing one would discredit the others that I like.
Well it's not a serious question lol I just mean in general what is one of your favorites
Surprising absolutely no one, I have a very high opinion of Reverend guitars. IMHO, they're one of the best production guitar lines out there in terms of build quality, feel, and value for money.

However, there are other brands I have similar respect for, but I don't necessarily buy or recommend as often because of certain specific issues, like Godin, Fret-King, Fernandes and Electra.

With Godin, I'm just beginning to scratch the surface of their offerings. I have one; I will be buying more- at least a second Belmont, possibly something from their family of Stratclones, Teleclones or LPclones.

Fret-King guitars have impressed me since I got my first, and I'm about ready to buy my third. I may get a fourth, depending in the whims of fate. But they're a UK brand without a big presence in the USA. And I don't see that many EU retailers selling them either. So, much as I like them, recommending them is usually wasted effort.

Fernandes and Electra are two examples of the same thing: companies whose build quality I like, but who offer few designs I want. I have 2 Fernandes Ravelles, and almost bought a third- a limited special edition. I'd like to get a coiple of others, but I don't care for most of their designs. And the only Electras I like the looks of are their Omega series guitars- LPclones. So I have no problems recommending either company based on specs or quality, just aesthetics.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Agreed. Perhaps a better poll/question would be "what's your favorite guitar for X type of music?", "who makes your favorite X shape guitar (offset, T/S style, etc.)?"

The issue with these really general questions (it was there with your thin/thick neck thread as well), is that they are nebulous, they don't really go anywhere. Not trying to be a jerk or any of that, just trying to help if you're looking to generate more interesting threads.

Also, the super general answer to your question from me is "it depends". I've got a pretty deep collection to choose from, many outside of the brands on your list (Reverend, G&L, Mosrite, etc.). As pointed out, each serves a different purpose, none are really a "favorite", though some have sentimental value but may not be as easily playable as another. Like I said, a pretty nebulous topic.
OffsetOffset