Hi guys
Was having a quick look at these Bugera t50 heads online and couple of questions popped up which I didn't really find any answers-
Do they do metal ok?
What's the cab simulated output for? I didn't see any mention of a dummy load ala H+K tubemeister or Laney Irt studio so guessing it's not for silent recording etc? A di into the pa at gigs?
Also did Bugera ever solve there horrendous rep for reliability and would it even be worth the risk?
Quote by chrislanie
Also did Bugera ever solve there horrendous rep for reliability and would it even be worth the risk?

Opinions vary. I tend to believe that yes, they're relatively solid, especially as regards their price point and their warranty coverage takes care of the rest.

As to the risk, that's something only you can answer.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Bugera does seem to have gotten their QC a bit better, but after my experience with them several years back I can not and will not ever recommend them for anyone.

The T50 is a Vox Night Train clone so Metal probably not, but it should get to hard rock style distortion on its own. maybe classic 80's metal and some 90's stuff will be what you can get out of it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate