Are you afraid of something that is highly unlikely to happen to any of us?

Do certain thoughts creep into your mind at night and make you regret entertaining such an idea ?

Do you not travel on a plane because it's possible it'll crash/be blown out of the sky ?

Are you suddenly aware of what a potentially rogue asteroid might do, should it hit us ?

Do you not sleep with the windows open, should happenstance allow for an escaped chimpanzee to get into your room at night and bite your face off ?

Do you worry that you may be able to, inadvertently, birth an evil spirit into existence and that it might be one of those "The Entity" style ones ? Especially if your tush is deliciously sweet ?

Do you ever worry about sitting on the toilet that is concurrently housing a seriously poisonous spider under the seat ?

What makes you go.... and continually does so ?

I, personally, have a seriously irrational fear of escaped chimps and also camel spiders and Goblin Sharks ( google a video of one eating ) are 100% pure unadulterated nightmare fuel.

Please unleash your deepest nightmares unto this thread, should you be so inclined to do so. X <3
HAIL TIM SMITH, HARBRINGER OF FADELESS SPLENDOUR !

Most beloved recent band discoveries : Midori / Mass of The Fermenting Dregs
What mostly keeps me awake at night is the dread of wasting a hard on.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
The idea that my ex wife is happier with someone else than with me. I'll get over it eventually.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
Those are two very different questions.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I obsessively save my pennies & dollars in effort to be able to dictate who will wipe my ass in old age.

After hearing my grandmother complain for 6 months about the people that were taking care of that for her - I decided it to be a worthwhile cause. If you can't pick 'em, and you aren't payin' 'em, you really have no say in the process or the finished product.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
Quote by Will Lane at #33980191
theguitarist

fuck that's scary
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
( )_( ) signature to help him gain World Domination

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair
I often lay awake at night in a cold sweat frozen with fear...

...fear that I will be kidnapped by a renegade group of Beliebers and then be forced to watch Justin Bieber perform live!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at May 23, 2016,
Are you afraid of something that is highly unlikely to happen to any of us? no.

Do certain thoughts creep into your mind at night and make you regret entertaining such an idea ? it is mostly the banal stressors of mundane life that keep me up at night.

Do you not travel on a plane because it's possible it'll crash/be blown out of the sky ? I would not call this an especially "irrational" fear, given the fact that this is something that actually can & does happen (yeah yeah yeah give me statistics of plane vs. car crashes smart guy).

though I personally do not avoid plane travel.

Are you suddenly aware of what a potentially rogue asteroid might do, should it hit us ? nah.

Do you not sleep with the windows open, should happenstance allow for an escaped chimpanzee to get into your room at night and bite your face off ? way more worried that a human being would get into my room & stab me to death -- but I am on the second floor.

Do you worry that you may be able to, inadvertently, birth an evil spirit into existence and that it might be one of those "The Entity" style ones ? Especially if your tush is deliciously sweet ? no, that would be rad af.

Do you ever worry about sitting on the toilet that is concurrently housing a seriously poisonous spider under the seat ? no, more worried that its housing horrible diseases that will make my penis sick.

What makes you go.... and continually does so ? the Uncanny
I have necrophobia and it's very severe. Most nights I have a panic attack because of it, and most days it kills any activity that I typically enjoy and reduces me down to a very small amount of things I can do to spend my time. I can't get a job, I can't drive a car, and I used to be unable to leave the house because of it, though since I've moved to a better area that's no longer an issue.

I also destroyed several relationships because of the panic attacks it caused, I was placed in a mental hospital once, got kicked out of my uncle's place, etc etc etc.
If there is a God, it's me.
The fear of sleeping
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I keep me up at night but I don't fear me
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
I don't think I have such fear (tho sometimes I can't sleep and I have honestly no idea why) but my buddy is convinced that somewhere on this planet there is this tarantula that will swim through the oceans, walk thousand miles from some God forgotten hole in a jungle just to kill him at night. And I can tell he is serious
I have a rational fear of the irrational......or an irrational fear of the rational.

I can't tell which.

That doesn't really mean anything.
Quote by kertets
Only losers post their opinions on the internet.
Life
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Novacane...
I have a rational fear of the irrational......or an irrational fear of the rational.

i, too, am scared of everything
i'm afraid of dying/suicide because i know how big of an impact it would have on the people who know me, around me... I just don't want to hurt anyone

i guess it's not an irrational fear, but it's something i fear everyday
just like losing a limb or an eye...

the only true irrational fears i've ever had were creepy clowns (as a kid, not anymore obviously lol)
i also used to have lots of dreams where i'm stranded in the middle of the ocean surrounded by sharks...

another one is the darkness / being home alone at night, the whole house is dark
i always keep a few lights on in the house to avoid the house being broken into
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Evilnine
I often lay awake at night in a cold sweat frozen with fear...

...fear that I will be kidnapped by a renegade group of Beliebers and then be forced to watch Justin Bieber perform live!

ha.
Quote by akunohana20151
Do you have an irrational fear? What keeps you up at night?

I'm afraid that someone will break into the various studios, vaults, and safes holding the masters of the greatest music ever recorded, and steal them so they can permanently affix pitch correction effects to all the vocal tracks on them. They then put the masters back exactly where they had first stolen them, without anyone being the wiser. Imagine the utter horror of Bruce Dickinson's vocals sounding like Will.I.Am's, or Ronnie James Dio's vocals sounding like Kanye West's, or Rob Halford's vocals sounding like Lil Wayne's...and there would be no way to return them to their original state.

On a lighter note...

I also have the fear of someone breaking into my house, stealing everything in it, and replacing everything with an exact replica.
Quote by davidyanity
I'm afraid that someone will break into the various studios, vaults, and safes holding the masters of the greatest music ever recorded, and steal them so they can permanently affix pitch correction effects to all the vocal tracks on them. They then put the masters back exactly where they had first stolen them, without anyone being the wiser. Imagine the utter horror of Bruce Dickinson's vocals sounding like Will.I.Am's, or Ronnie James Dio's vocals sounding like Kanye West's, or Rob Halford's vocals sounding like Lil Wayne's...and there would be no way to return them to their original state.

i'd be all for bruce dickinson finally learning to sing the guy's gone through his entire career sounding like he had a rubber band squeezing his bollocks
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at May 23, 2016,
Advance Wars and hot lesbian friends on Skype keep me up at night
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
i'd be all for bruce dickinson finally learning to sing the guy's gone through his entire career sounding like he had a rubber band squeezing his bollocks

I take it you're not a fan of his vibrato.
Quote by davidyanity
I take it you're not a fan of his vibrato.

i mean mainly the fact that he alternates between a bark that has way too much conviction for such piss-poor lyrics and a textureless wail that really sounds like it should be the last sound to come out of whatever produces it, while straining for every single note

his live performances were poor in the 80s but these days he has about five notes in the entire show that he'll hold for more than two seconds, he can't even attempt the high ones (not that he ever hit them back in the day) and it's a proper shame because in every other respect they're a pretty great band, if a bit repetitive
Quote by chrismendiola
The only thing to fear is fear itself when the mother-in-law comes to visit amirite fellas

that's a 4-4-4-BIO on the 704 right there yeah
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
i mean mainly the fact that he alternates between a bark that has way too much conviction for such piss-poor lyrics and a textureless wail that really sounds like it should be the last sound to come out of whatever produces it, while straining for every single note

his live performances were poor in the 80s but these days he has about five notes in the entire show that he'll hold for more than two seconds, he can't even attempt the high ones (not that he ever hit them back in the day) and it's a proper shame because in every other respect they're a pretty great band, if a bit repetitive

You should check out the Beast Over Hammersmith concert video sometime. Possibly his best performance to be captured on film. I understand that as a person ages, their singing voice can be hit-or-miss depending on which show they're performing at on any given day, depending on their touring schedule, especially one as heavy as Iron Maiden's can be. The show schedule for the Powerslave tour was particularly brutal, for example. It also doesn't help when a singer's vocal style is aggressive and unrelenting.
The birds keep me up in the early morning, for some reason 4am in an acceptable time to start singing at one another if you're a small bird. They're adorable and everything, but I just want to shake the tree
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by akunohana20151
Are you afraid of something that is highly unlikely to happen to any of us?
ur mom

Do certain thoughts creep into your mind at night and make you regret entertaining such an idea ?
doin ur mom

Do you not travel on a plane because it's possible it'll crash/be blown out of the sky ?
no

Are you suddenly aware of what a potentially rogue asteroid might do, should it hit us ?
it would run away from ur mom

Do you not sleep with the windows open, should happenstance allow for an escaped chimpanzee to get into your room at night and bite your face off ?
no i do not sleep with the windows open to keep ur mom out

Do you worry that you may be able to, inadvertently, birth an evil spirit into existence and that it might be one of those "The Entity" style ones ? Especially if your tush is deliciously sweet ?
ur mom alredy did

Do you ever worry about sitting on the toilet that is concurrently housing a seriously poisonous spider under the seat ?
ur mom is a spider

What makes you go.... and continually does so ?
users from sept 2015
and also ur mom

I, personally, have a seriously irrational fear of escaped chimps and also camel spiders and Goblin Sharks ( google a video of one eating ) are 100% pure unadulterated nightmare fuel.
gobbling shark less scary than ur mom

Please unleash your deepest nightmares unto this thread, should you be so inclined to do so. X <3
ur mom
What keeps you up at night?
The sun rising and shining directly through my window and into my eyes and traffic from the highway directly across the street from the house and sometimes the train only about a block away because I work at night and sleep during the day but other than that nothing.

I mean relationship stuff used to keep me up but that's done and over with.
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 24, 2016,
I'm horrible with scary moves. Depending on how scary it was it might keep me up at night, or just haunt my dreams...
My fear of heights used to be pretty bad. Like, I was afraid of driving over bridges and stuff. It's not that bad anymore, but I still get nervous and my hands sweat when I am on the upper floors of a really tall building, or roller coasters and such.
I'm afraid of waking up at 40, realizing that I have wasted my life and that it's too late to achieve my goals.

oh wait, you were asking about irrational ones.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
The unexpected loss of a loved one is the most insidious and terrifying fear I have. It's a very basic bitch fear, but getting a knock on the door from some police officers to report it or finding a loved one dead when I come home from work is something I worry about often.

I think the fixation of that scenario stems from the day I found my dad had spontaneously collapsed and was bleeding on the floor of our home, having suffered a major stroke. I was the only person in the house to help him. He looked just as scared and as helpless as I was.

I feel that my fear is very much justified. but I have difficulty controlling it; I worry about it too frequently and let it affect my emotions too much.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 24, 2016,